Supper... Friday. July 10, 2009

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Festival food for me & DW. I'm making a loaf of Italian Herb no-knead bread with Parmesan cheese inside, and Asiago grated over the top with 10 grain cereal. That's for the kitchen help where I'll be working again tonight. We'll sop up spaghetti sauce with it when we take our breaks. Mixed the dough at midnight, so I'll bake it off sometime this afternoon when I get back from a couple of jobs.

homecook

I'm hoping to grill the swordfish steaks that we never had last night. Corn on the cob, grilled pineapple and some kind of potatoes or rice.

chowhound

I'm going to attempt that veal picatta dish again tonight. I bought some baby bellos and a lemon just for that dish and that's how I want to use them up. I'll stop at a store and buy the pork chops.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
yesterday's din-din! (ricotta-stuffed chix, steamed carrot curls, yellow squash, & garlic-wilted spinach.)

buckytom

Grill Master
pork picatta is good and easy, chow. i'm looking forward to the pics.

just be sure to tenderize the meat by ppounding it thin, and if you;re using rib chops, don't over cook them as they'll probably be on the lean side.

and don;t skimp on the butter. :clap:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
We're celebrating Lou's birthday this weekend....and the festivities begin tonight.

The cocktail of the evening is Dark & Stormy with Gossling rum and ginger beer.

I have a cheese plate with italian ubriaco (has ribbons of wine throughout), a sheepsmilk cheese with truffles, a baked ricotta with lemon, an american cow's milk cheese called midnight moon. I have sliced spanish fig cake to go with that, along with smoked almonds.

I've got double cut lamb chops that I'll rub with garlic and rosemary before grilling.

I've got luganiga sausage stuffed with cheese and parsley in addition to the pork and spices. I'll grill that as well with as assortment of sweet and hot peppers, onions, shallots and garlic. I'll do grilled ciabatta slices to go with that.

I've got a pound of assorted olives, some stuffed with almonds, some stuffed with sundried tomato, some marinated in garlic and some oil cured.

I've also got a platter of strawberries, melon, and plums.

Lou always brings me a sack of Philly pretzels.

Whenever I get out of here I'm planning to make a peach and pecan upside down cake.

buckytom

Grill Master
happy birthday lou!!!!! :wave: i don't have to hope it's a great one for you since i know you're being well taken care of by vb.

hmmm, what do sex toys sound like when you shake the box?

do they make black leather wrapping paper?

dinner for us will probably either be grilled bone-in chicken breasts and thighs, and maybe turkey sausage if it's all still good, or possibly sushi/sashimi if it's gone bad. not sure if dw is going food shopping, so it might be something else entirely.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
happy birthday lou!!!!! :wave: i don't have to hope it's a great one for you since i know you're being well taken care of by vb.

hmmm, what do sex toys sound like when you shake the box?

do they make black leather wrapping paper?

that's why you never put the batteries in till after it's unwrapped.:wink:

lilylove

Pork chops. The pork here is so good and fresh. Yummy. I'll just fry them up with salt, pepper, garlic, olive oil and maybe a little butter on top.

Rice and fresh tomatoes on the side.

buckytom

Grill Master
lol, vb. that reminds me of when dw and i were checking in to a hotel in breckenridge. the bell hop brought our bags to the room, and as he was putting them on the stands, i heard this strange, muffled buzzing sound coming from somewhere in the room.

now, i was tired from the flight, and burned out from several hours of driving up out of denver through thick fog, so i was not about to take a room that was noisey, like above a kitchen or pump room.

i asked the bell hop to hold on as i went back down to the front desk to get us a quiter room. the clerk at the desk assured me that our room was nowhere near anything that should be making a noise, nor was there any construction going on. so as i walked back up to the room, it dawned on me that maybe dw had brought something that got "turned on" inside a suitcase. :shock: that could be a little embarassing.

as i got to the room and was about to tip the bell hop big to make him go away quickly i was relieved to find out that dw discovered the source of the noise: my beard trimmer turned on next to a bottle of cologne in my shaving kit.

whew!

suziquzie

We're going to have hot dogs.... with garlic-raosted cauliflower because i need to use it up.
And salad....
and attempt to finish off the keg we've spent $50 for additional ice on trying to keep it cold!!!

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Very quick ground meat mixed with red sauce & curry spices, served with rice.

urmaniac46

We had some linguine with tuna chunks, capers, shallots, garlic and parsley, along with some melons with prosciutto di Parma.:chef:

Love2"Q"

Y'all call it a beard trimmer? That's not what we call 'em in Texas, but I guess I can see the logic.
weird .. that what we call them in SE VA ...
must be a regional thing ....

tonights dinner will be what was supposed to be last nigths dinner ...
garlic bread french bread pizza ...

Deelady

the old man is bring home Roosters wings....Im having terriyaki and he gets the spicy with curly fries, celery and blue cheese!

chowhound

My attempt at pork picatta.

Attachments

• pork picatta1.jpg
    pork picatta1.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 109
  • pork picatta2.jpg
    pork picatta2.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 107

homecook

I'm hoping to grill the swordfish steaks that we never had last night. Corn on the cob, grilled pineapple and some kind of potatoes or rice.
Here was dinner....tasted great but realized their was no color to the plate. I've got to work on that. lol

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 88

chowhound

Looks great Fred!!!!! I could eat a plate of that right about now. Did you like it???

Thanks, Barb.
Did I like it? Yes. It had a very unique taste taste that was kinda neat, but in all honesty, I don't think I like capers. It's kind of hard to explain. It tasted good, but it's not a taste I crave. Kinda like a "blind robin", that really salty fish jerky that some bars have. You're not sure if you like them, but you buy one anyway. And then another :biggrin:
I'm looking forward to the leftovers though.

homecook

Thanks, Barb.
Did I like it? Yes. It had a very unique taste taste that was kinda neat, but in all honesty, I don't think I like capers. It's kind of hard to explain. It tasted good, but it's not a taste I crave. Kinda like a "blind robin", that really salty fish jerky that some bars have. You're not sure if you like them, but you buy one anyway. And then another :biggrin:
I'm looking forward to the leftovers though.

I get it about the capers. I love them. Dh and ds not so much.....they pick it out. lol I'm glad you like it though.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Here was dinner....tasted great but realized their was no color to the plate. I've got to work on that. lol

Where do you keep getting this "handled" corn?!?! That is SO awesome! I love that!! I must find some! :wub: