Gold Site Supporter
soon 2 be 2011!
woah.

dinner is gonna be.......
i may make baked tilapia/veggies.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have chicken sub gum chow mein and fried rice planned for dinner tonight..

But I went to the doctor today and I got blood drawn, a cortisone shot in my left shoulder for bursitis, 2 creams for extreme eczema on the back of both my hands and vicodan for a severe spained ankle. SOOOO we will see if I am cooking tonight. LOL

Leni

If I were you Peeps I'd take the night off. Let someone else cook or order in. That ankle must hurt.

Speaking of the Magic Bullet... I may try the broccoli cheese soup. I have some Miami mini pull-apart onion cheese rolls to go with. Found them in the bakery section. The pull-apart rolls are shaped like a round cake, & tastes kind of sweet. Great with butter.

Here's a look-see at some of their products

http://miamionionroll.com/1053/index.html

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Speaking of the Magic Bullet... I may try the broccoli cheese soup. I have some Miami mini pull-apart onion cheese rolls to go with. Found them in the bakery section. The pull-apart rolls are shaped like a round cake, & tastes kind of sweet. Great with butter.

Here's a look-see at some of their products

http://miamionionroll.com/1053/index.html
OK I need to google Magic Bullet because all that comes to mind is (Kevin Costner in the movie) JFK!! LOL

GotGarlic

Don't feel much like cooking tonight, so we're baking up some stuffed poblanos and chicken tamales from Trader Joe's. I have some pickled onions and tomatillo salsa to top them with.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
We're grazing. I have so much stuff in the fridge that has to be used up.

First course: Brie wrapped in phyllo, served with hot pepper sauce. Pics when it comes out of the oven.

Uh-oh. Change of plans. I found some eggplant rollatini in the back of the fridge I p/u at the Deli the other day. I'll make some pasta to go with. :oops:(The gal behind the Deli counter says to me "Are you having a picnic?" :glare:) They do have quite a selection of food - from pate to potato salad, & then some.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
luv the pre-cooked foods/deli people, they make great foods, usually.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DW is with DD and the new grandbaby this week, so I'm on my own. I made spaetzle seasoned with parsley, basil, onion& garlic powder, (I'm hooked on those darn things, and they're so quick to make) then topped it with my spaghetti sauce and a handful of mini meatballs from the freezer. A one-bowl meal with a couple slices of Italian bread & butter.

P1030082.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We're grazing. I have so much stuff in the fridge that has to be used up.

First course: Brie wrapped in phyllo, served with hot pepper sauce. Pics when it comes out of the oven.

Oh that sounds awesome SS!! Can't wait to see.

DW is with DD and the new grandbaby this week, so I'm on my own. I made spaetzle seasoned with parsley, basil, onion& garlic powder, (I'm hooked on those darn things, and they're so quick to make) then topped it with my spaghetti sauce and a handful of mini meatballs from the freezer. A one-bowl meal with a couple slices of Italian bread & butter.

P1030082.jpg

When will my bowl and bread be arriving? I am wounded and need a care package. YUMMY!!

Uh-oh. Change of plans. I found some eggplant rollatini in the back of the fridge I p/u at the Deli the other day. I'll make some pasta to go with. :oops:(The gal behind the Deli counter says to me "Are you having a picnic?" :glare:) They do have quite a selection of food - from pate to potato salad, & then some.

That sounds interesting.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'll trade yins split pea/ham soup 4 your food! bam, ravioli lasagna, that is my kinda food, there! & that spaetzle, joe, that's great dinner food~

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Good dinners everyone!

I had Taco Hell on the fly..:yum:
Holy caaaarap, what a day!
OH LORD!! I had a late breakfast due to fasting for blood tests. I had 2 hard taco supreme for a late late lunch from Taco Bell. My should was killing me after the cortizone shot. I just made dinner for the girls and I.

This was our late late dinner - Sub gum chicken chow mein and jasmine rice.

123110_sub_gum_chow_mein.jpg

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
now thats my kind of meal:a1:

OH LORD!! I had a late breakfast due to fasting for blood tests. I had 2 hard taco supreme for a late late lunch from Taco Bell. My should was killing me after the cortizone shot. I just made dinner for the girls an I.

This was our late late dinner - Sub gum chicken chow mein and jasmine rice.

123110_sub_gum_chow_mein.jpg

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Peeps, could you explain "subgum"?

I googled it, and get mixed results. Some say it just means mixed vegetables. Others say it mean mixed meat & vegetables. One dictionary site even lists both definitions. :confused: Some say it's an American term that came into popularity in either New York or Chicago (depending on the source) in the early 1900's. Others say it's either a Cantonese or a Hong Kong dish (again, depending on the source). :confused: Some say it's available in China to cater to Americans. Others say it's traditional Chinese. :confused:

I don't think I've ever actually seen it on a menu, but then Chinese menus tend to be so large that I may have overlooked it.

I know you make it frequently, so please instruct me as to what makes Subgum Chicken Cow Mein different from Chicken Chow Mein?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Peeps, could you explain "subgum"?

I googled it, and get mixed results. Some say it just means mixed vegetables. Others say it mean mixed meat & vegetables. One dictionary site even lists both definitions. :confused: Some say it's an American term that came into popularity in either New York or Chicago (depending on the source) in the early 1900's. Others say it's either a Cantonese or a Hong Kong dish (again, depending on the source). :confused: Some say it's available in China to cater to Americans. Others say it's traditional Chinese. :confused:

I don't think I've ever actually seen it on a menu, but then Chinese menus tend to be so large that I may have overlooked it.

I know you make it frequently, so please instruct me as to what makes Subgum Chicken Cow Mein different from Chicken Chow Mein?

Hello SS. Sub Gum Chicken Chow mein was a dish on the menu of a Chinese Restaurant I had been going to since I was 12 years old. It has since closed down. They cooked mostly Cantonese style. Regular chow mein had/has long skinny, stringy pieces of dark meat and a lot of mostly cabbage, celery and bean sprouts (very white and pale green in color) in it and it always seems slimy to me for some reason. Sub Gum was bright with colors and had nice chunks of white meat and it had a nicer looking (more appealing) assortment of carrots, bok choy, mushrroms, snow peas, water chestnuts, bambo shoots and whole almonds in it. I also don't see sub gum chicken on menus BUT I do see "sub Gum" other dishes usually with seafood in them or a combo of seafood and chicken. If I ask for it they will special make it for me. It took me years to come up with an exceptable home version. Since that place went out of business I can't find any place that tastes as good to me. They had the best everything!! It was my comfort food - sub gum chicken, egg rolls ribs were fantastic. When I was preggie that food and pizza was all that would stay down. And when I was sick their wonton soup was what I wanted. I moved to another state at one point and still got take out form there.

I don't know if this helped any.