What's Cookin' Friday, January 15th?

Newnork1978

Another sleepless, but productive, night...Guess I'll be the first to post the question, "What's for dinner, tonight?". :chef:

DH and I currently have a standing invitation for fajitas at a friend's house, whenever he gets home from Houston. I believe the ingredients have already been purchased for this event...let's hope he's able to come home before that food goes bad. Heh! :wink:

CoffeeCup.jpg

K

Kimchee

Fajitas... yum!
Not sure what is for dinner yet.... wife coming home from out of town, so
she might something in mind.
If not, I am leaning toward spaghetti and meatballs, or tacos (her favorite).

homecook

I have no idea. Fajitas do sound good! I have some london broil or flank in the freezer........hmmmmm I can also get to my grill.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
The boys want hot dogs, so I got some part baked baguettes, a tin of large hot dogs and will cook some wedges & there is some florida salad.

Deelady

Well I'll be doing my IC dinner tonight....lamb is mainating for lamb kebabs, I also plan to make feta rice and a cucumber, tomato, Greek olive and feta salad.Wish I had pita bread and tzatziki sauce!! :( oh well next time!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Well I'll be doing my IC dinner tonight....lamb is mainating for lamb kebabs, I also plan to make feta rice and a cucumber, tomato, Greek olive and feta salad.Wish I had pita bread and tzatziki sauce!! :( oh well next time!
oh that sounds yummy!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

does the chinese place deliver where you are?? I always wished one here did...
take a pic of that wonderful dinner if you can.

all the chinese deliver around here except the fancy ones. i wish there were greek places around here!! and if there were any that they would deliver!!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Just braised some shrimp in lemon and wine to go with a lemon stilton, some jarlsburg swiss, comb honey, red grapes, philly pretzels, and tiny pizza wedges.

Most importantly, however.............Rob Roy is joining us this evening:alc:

Deelady

Well here is our dinner....first pic is in the marinade of lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, basil, sumac,minced garlic and s&p.....second Feta rice cooked in chicken broth with basil oregano and feta, then the cumcumber, tomato, olive and feta salad! Very Yummers but unfortunately my tummy couldn't hold much tonight, so I have plenty for lunch tomorrow!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 117
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 117

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Well here is our dinner....first pic is in the marinade of lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, basil, sumac,minced garlic and s&p.....second Feta rice cooked in chicken broth with basil oregano and feta, then the cumcumber, tomato, olive and feta salad! Very Yummers but unfortunately my tummy couldn't hold much tonight, so I have plenty for lunch tomorrow!
looks yummy!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

That looks incredible!! Awesome job! How did you cook the kebabs? :clap:

Cooksie

Site Supporter

:clap: I love that kind of salad, and your lamb kebabs look wonderful. Did you do that in the oven?

Deelady

Thanks you two and yes I baked them on a high heat.... I was going to broil them but decided on 450....they were done pretty fast! I was worried they wouldn't be tender but they were! I cooked them a little past med rare, not quite medium.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Wonderful Plate!! Ever take an 'after meal' picture of the plate?? Something empty...

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Thanks you two and yes I baked them on a high heat.... I was going to broil them but decided on 450....they were done pretty fast! I was worried they wouldn't be tender but they were! I cooked them a little past med rare, not quite medium.

I'm not much on grilling outside when it's cold, so now I'm inspired. My hubby would love that! He loves the little chops too, but they're so expensive and so teeniny.

Newnork1978

DH is on the road, heading home from his week-long business trip. :bounce: It'll be another hour, or so, before he gets home. The baby and I couldn't wait to eat, so I got me some Chick-Fil-A (for the second time this week). Chicken sammies are just so tasty...and who could resist those waffle fries?!? :blush:

Deelady

COME ON you guys!!! Only the 9 month prego woman got around to cooking and taking pics tonight?? Sheesh!! :D :D

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
DH is on the road, heading home from his week-long business trip. :bounce: It'll be another hour, or so, before he gets home. The baby and I couldn't wait to eat, so I got me some Chick-Fil-A (for the second time this week). Chicken sammies are just so tasty...and who could resist those waffle fries?!? :blush:

Chik-Fil-A makes great chicken sammies. Love em.

Try this one day, it's a knock off of the Krystal Chick. Add a little mayo and a pickle to the warm bun. Yikes! I love these!

http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=30962#post30962