lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
whatscookingcoffeetiger-650-cropped.jpg

Last edited:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Keltin, I've got to do those scallops tonight. I put them in the freezer (of all places:unsure:) since I never got around to them last weekend.

I have no idea what the cocktail is this evening but I was and have been ready for it since Monday afternoon. It's supposed to become a lovely day..

Corriander dusted scallops with a roasted corn sauce
Garden tomato crostinis
spanish fig and almond cake
I have about half a dozen assorted cheeses from the past two weeks. (gotta eat them or lose them...travel in 6 days!!)
Pan fried polenta squares with peach and pancetta
Philly pretzels

Did I mention the cocktail???

Gotta get to work now ...have to decide on a cook today. Today is the day. Have to put this thing to bed once and for all. And don't even get me started on the interviews I've held for an assistant manager...

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Hey Keltin, I've got to do those scallops tonight. I put them in the freezer (of all places:unsure:) since I never got around to them last weekend.

I have no idea what the cocktail is this evening but I was and have been ready for it since Monday afternoon. It's supposed to become a lovely day..

Corriander dusted scallops with a roasted corn sauce
Garden tomato crostinis
spanish fig and almond cake
I have about half a dozen assorted cheeses from the past two weeks. (gotta eat them or lose them...travel in 6 days!!)
Pan fried polenta squares with peach and pancetta
Philly pretzels

Did I mention the cocktail???

Gotta get to work now ...have to decide on a cook today. Today is the day. Have to put this thing to bed once and for all. And don't even get me started on the interviews I've held for an assistant manager...

Have you considered cloning yourself? it worked for Dolly.:lol:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
i think i will make another pot of the clam chowder. seeing as i only got 1/2 a tiny bowl before the gavones ate the whole pot!! :chef:

buckytom

Grill Master
lol, peep, at gavones.

that's definitely an east coast italian american word.

did you know that it's dreived from the italian cafone, meaning an ill mannered person, or a peasent?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
lol, peep, at gavones.

that's definitely an east coast italian american word.

did you know that it's dreived from the italian cafone, meaning an ill mannered person, or a peasent?
i use it to describe a food piggy person!! :yum:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Took a Big, Thick BeefSteak out (practically a roast !); if it thaws, I'll do something with it, otherwise it's Pizza night.

homecook

I haven't decided if I want to cook or not tonight. If I do I'll probably grill some rib-eyes. Baked potatoes, salad of tomatoes/cucumbers/onions from the garden.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
I have some channel cat frozen in the freezer that my youngest son brought me about a month ago so I suppose I will cook that but I'm not yet decided as to what I will fix to go with it. :)

chowhound

I might reheat the pork picatta from last night. I fixed another plate for myself. And maybe grill a couple ears of corn.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
leftovers stuffed peppers, salad, plus there is hormel deluso genoa salami, mother goose liverworst (the best brands for both IMHO) and rolls for the family. not sure when or what i will eat. i think i will tackle constructing some spinach pies. YUM

chowhound

Thank you, Barb :^D
Using the Riesling instead of sherry was a big improvement to my palette. It went from pretty good to great.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Took a Big, Thick BeefSteak out (practically a roast !); if it thaws, I'll do something with it, otherwise it's Pizza night.

Well; That chunk of meat is still pretty solid, so it's going onto the bottom shelf of the fridge for tomorrow, which chases my Iron Chef entry to Sunday........... The talk of scallops has me thinking a stir fry ....................hmmmmm.........

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Mea Culpa for holding back on the Assistant manager interviews:sorry:...I've done three of those, with the last one on Monday...

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Well, you can all relax now...It's decided...

Lou and I are having Bourbon Sidecars tonight. :lol::lol:

Okay, back to the thread...:tongue:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
probably cannned soup, leftover dry-aged strip, or fruit salad. gotta feed my guy, so he gets dibs on the steak if he'd like.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
my tummy is acting up. the cold cuts i had for lunch are not playing nice.

Ronjohn

It's dinner and drinks night with my wife. What's for dinner is.... I dunno. I'll have to check the specials and look at the menu when we get there.

Margaritas are a real possibility.

(Although the bourbon sidecars would be interesting, too. Or maybe a bourbon sidecar, hold the sidecar :mrgreen:)

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Well; That chunk of meat is still pretty solid, so it's going onto the bottom shelf of the fridge for tomorrow, which chases my Iron Chef entry to Sunday........... The talk of scallops has me thinking a stir fry ....................hmmmmm.........

Okay; I'm locked in..............Pan-seared Shrimp and scallops, green beans from the garden, horsey confetti slaw........and some button mushrooms to saute'

film at eleven.......................

chowhound

hmmm, shrimp..... I might have to wrap some shrimp up in bacon for an appetizer. I'll have the grill going for the corn anyway.

Newnork1978

BIL & I went to Top Notch Burgers for a late lunch, today. :clap:

173042829_87024e7ba1.jpg

DH is going to work late tonight, which means he'll most likely pick something up for himself (for dinner) before he gets home...so BIL & I will make use of left-overs.