2 1/4 cups half and half
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup tomato puree
1 Tbsp vermouth
1 tsp fresh minced garlic
1/8 tsp pepper
Salt to taste (try 1/2 tsp to start)
Fresh parsley and parmesan cheese for garnish
1 lb linguine, cooked (and 1 cup of water used to cook pasta reserved)
To Prepare:
In a skillet over medium heat add olive oil. Sauté garlic with shrimp for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Stir in tomato puree, vermouth, pepper and half and half. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, until shrimp is opaque and cooked throughout. (If you need to thin the sauce, add as much of the reserved pasta water as needed.) Add salt to taste.
Spoon sauce over linguine. Garnish with chopped parsley and fresh grated parmesan cheese.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This sounds simple, different and good, Lefty! I think I might toss in my medium shrimp after the sauce was simmering, though, since they only take about a minute to cook.

I'm adding this recipe to my shrimp file - thanks! :flowers:

Lee

AllenOK

There are two ways to go about this.

Method #1: saute the shrimp first over high heat. This will give the dish a caramelized shrimp flavor, once the pan is deglazed. However, this does tend to lead to over-cooked shrimp.

Method #2: simmer the sauce for as long as it takes to marry the flavors. Then, in the last few minutes, add the shrimp and let them poach.

There are pro's and con's to each method. The absolute best way, IMHO as a line cook, is to do two pans/pots, one with the sauce (in my case, sauce would be held hot on a steam table), saute the shrimp in the second pan, deglaze with a shot of white wine, then add the hot sauce to simmer for a few minutes.

That's how I did my Shrimp Creole special at work this past weekend.