Monday 2/6/2012 So what's on the menu?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I thawed boneless pork loin chops. DD will cook them with broccoli and mashed for sides. I will eat when I get home.

Hubby LOVES turkey franks, & when the local market had a sale Saturday - "Buy one, get THREE free" - he jumped on it. So now I have 4 packages of turkey franks on hand - lol! So as he also picked up a package of his favorite Pepperidge Farm top-slit rolls, our favorite spicy Bush's Grillin Beans ("Texas Ranchero"), & we also already have all our favorite dog trimmings on hand (cheese, ketchup, mustard, chow-chow, onion relish, pickle relish, etc., etc. - guess what we're having tonight? :)

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
morning. i'm awake early enough to get a strip steak or some veal thawed. sides- TBD. a salad sounds good, though.

Embryodad

It's gonna be re-runs from yesterday's food.
Porkburger / mustard sammies...and Jambalaya...

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
More neighborhood excitement last night. This time a single mom came banging on my door in the middle of the night saying her boyfriend beat her up. She said he had been chasing her but stopped when he saw she was running here.....best decision he could have made....she's gonna be okay physically.....just a few bruises and a fat lip....he's locked up.

Anyway....I'm really tired today so it's just soup and sandwiches.

Brava to you Mama!!!! I unfortunately know far too many people who wouldn't have even opened the door. I'll be sure to toast a turkey frank to you once hubby gets home. :)

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Breezy. With all of the home invasions though, we made sure we were armed before opening the door. The world can be a scary place nowadays.

I know what you mean.

We STILL have an unsolved murder from 2 years ago where some poor woman (just 8 miles from us) opened her door to someone who murdered her & set fire to her house. She was on the phone with her father at the time, & put him on hold to answer her door to "some guy". Last anyone heard from her until they found her bound body in her burned out basement. No reason - not even robbery.

Pretty damn scary since we live in a community that normally doesn't lock it's doors.

Case is still unsolved.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
well i thawed my veal, then busy day so i zonked until now, have another busy day tomorrow, so scrap cooking a fresh new meal. i think it'll be leftover pasta from the other nite. just make a fresh batch of clams.

mama, kudos to u. that woman- she obviously knew that u were the correct person to look to in that situation.