TGIFriday 12/2/2011 What on the table?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
It is officially my DD's birthday. We took her out for her birthday dinner on monday. But tonight I am making meat lasagna, steamed broccoli and garlic, chive and parsley bread sticks I made last night. I can also make garlic bread if she wants it. We ordered a birthday cake for dessert.

Any Plans?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Happy Birthday to DD Peepers! That sounds like a wonderful birthday meal!

It will be something with ground beef.....maybe just some hamburger steaks with baked potatoes and green beans.

Embryodad

Wimpies It Was....

439bb61e.jpg

Now...check out the bun! ..
See how it cracked on the top crust of the roll?
D R Y ..... D R Y .... (and they were 2 days old)
There is no solidity to rolls anymore. They are all puffed up with air like! .....

09b07b52.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Oh Jimmy sloppy joe's are going on next weeks meal list!! YUMMY!

The lasagna is in the oven. My DD doesn't want garlic bread or broccoli tonight just the bread sticks. So broccoli and garlic bread will be served tomorrow with the left over lasagna.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
CRAP!! The water is off!! At least I got dinner prepped and the dirty stuff washed before it went off.

Leni

I bought some thin sliced round steak that was 50% off. Told DH that it was perfect for Swiss steak. He had wanted me to grill a New York steak but he decided that the Swiss sounded good. I liked that idea because the winds are still blowing and it's cold outside.

I sent him outside to pick some lettuce and he came in with Swiss chard also. So dinner tonight will be Swiss steak with a salad and garlic bread.

Nancy-MD

Happy birthday to your daughter, Peep. The menu sounds good.

Jimmy, the sloppy joes look yummy.

Plans for the pound of ground beef I took out of the freezer this morning started out to be sloppy joes (great minds, Jimmy!), then changed to tacos as the afternoon wore on, then finally to meatloaf. Didn't have any ground pork or sausage unthawed, which is what I usually mix in with the gr. beef, and not enough time to bake a whole, big meatloaf, so I made them into minis.

Mini meatloaves with mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy, peas, and a tossed salad.

Attachments

• 12.2.11 mini meatloaves.jpg
    12.2.11 mini meatloaves.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 134

Embryodad

CRAP!! The water is off!! At least I got dinner prepped and the dirty stuff washed before it went off.
Happened once here, and I heard a truck outside.
Ha Ha Ha .... Water authority shut us off...... Failure to pay bill. $$$$ hahahahaha

Embryodad

Plans for the pound of ground beef I took out of the freezer this morning started out to be sloppy joes (great minds, Jimmy!), then changed to tacos as the afternoon wore on, then finally to meatloaf. Didn't have any ground pork or sausage unthawed, which is what I usually mix in with the gr. beef, and not enough time to bake a whole, big meatloaf, so I made them into minis.

M /Loaf looks so good. I'm glad DW doesn't see that; because she would hound me to make M/ Loaf tomorrow.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Thank you Nan. I didn't take any pics because I was annoyed about the dang water. Your dinner looks fantastic. I like everything on that plate. I will have to make personal meatloafs next time.

Happened once here, and I heard a truck outside.
Ha Ha Ha .... Water authority shut us off...... Failure to pay bill. $$$$ hahahahaha

There was a broken water pipe down the street so they turned it off to fix. it is coming back now.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Happy Birthday to your daughter Peeps-
Embryodad I want a sloppy Joe this week.

OK all~We had BLT's. I had alot of Turkey and Broth left over. I made a very tasty Wet Rice with that.
Sorry no pictures tonight. Nancy's mini meat loaf and gravy, looked yummy. :WitchBrewsSmiley:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Happy Birthday to your daughter Peeps-
Embryodad I want a sloppy Joe this week.

OK all~We had BLT's. I had alot of Turkey and Broth left over. I made a very tasty Wet Rice with that.
Sorry no pictures tonight. Nancy's mini meat loaf and gravy, looked yummy. :WitchBrewsSmiley:

To Peeps daughter!

images
Thank you for the birthday wishes sent to my girl.

I am STILL thinking about Nan's dinner. :readytoeat:

Another night dining out. Enjoyed the Warrenton, VA, tree-lighting ceremony followed by a wonderful dinner at a new local Mexican/Tex-Mex restaurant. Some of the best Mexican food we've enjoyed in quite some time. Their Margaritas packed quite the wallop, unlike most Mexican &/or Tex-Mex places. I had the "Enchiladas Verdes" - 4 lovely flour tortillas filled with fresh tender white-meat chicken & topped with a fresh tomatillo sauce & shredded Monterey Jack cheese - delicious! Hubby had the Shrimp Quesadilla. This was a HUGE grilled flour tortilla filled with what had to have been over a dozen large fresh delicious shrimp along with melted cheese & tomatillo sauce. Chips were freshly made & warm, salsa fresh - everything was great. We'll be returning here.