"Cask 'n Flagon" - Fenway Park, Boston

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The Cask 'n Flagon is the Mecca for Red Sox fans, before the game, during the game, and after the game.

It's loud, there are a million TV's, people pile in five or six-deep to the bar, and there are a many other places to go.

But most of us take off early on gameday so we can get a seat for a couple of beers and at least a snack before the game.

Today, my friends and I went in for a make-up game (our regular May game had been rained out, so today's day game was a make-up), and we got to the Flagon at 11:00 for a 1:10 first pitch.

I have never seen the Flagon this empty, so I took a couple of pics.

We all had burgers (they have wonderful burgers).

Sox lost, but it was a fun day, nonetheless!

Lee

Attachments

• Cask 'm Flagon empty 1.JPG
    Cask 'm Flagon empty 1.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Cask 'n Flagon empty 2.JPG
    Cask 'n Flagon empty 2.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Cask 'n Flagon ,burger.JPG
    Cask 'n Flagon ,burger.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 37

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks like a fun place Lee. Years ago I was traveling to Boston two or three times a year. We made it to Fenway, Quincy Market, Bull and Finch (Cheers) ...Legal's seafood and more. I wish we had stumbled upon Cask and Flagon.
Weird name (to me) does it have a special meaning?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That does look like a great place and so does that burger and fries!!!!!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Weird name (to me) does it have a special meaning?

Not a weird name for a bar, Doc. What, you not up on your old English?

A "cask" is a barrel, and a "flagon" is a mug, or stein.

From their website:

Attachments

• img_definition.jpg
    img_definition.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 23

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Update:

Went to the Flagon again before the game this past Saturday. We split an order of THE BEST NACHOS I have ever had!

They are called "North End Nachos" (Boston's "North End" is famous for its Italian residents and many tiny, one-of-a-kind Italian restaurants). Instead of tortilla chips, the chips were made of deep-fried pasta chips! Don't know what the cheese blend was - might have been mozzarella and parm. Some sliced Italian sausage, jalapenos, cherry peppers, mushrooms and diced tomatoes on top.

Spectacular!

The waitress told us they had a new chef who had worked at some upper crust restaurant in Boston. He definitely hit a home run with this one!

Lee

P.S. Our seats were luxury seats, outside the park's restaurant pavilion. We overlooked home plate, had a waitress serve us, and a private rest room! And the Sox won!

Attachments

• North End nachos - Cask & Flagon.JPG
    North End nachos - Cask & Flagon.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 15
  • View from our seats.JPG
    View from our seats.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 15

Ian M.

GO SOX!!! Hey, Lee - those fries and burgers look simply scrumptous! And the North End Nachos sound mighty good, too. Fallon and I have gotten sort of sidetracked lately by watching Bruins games on tv but the old Towne Team seem to be doing very well without us. Looks like our Bruins are going to win tonight and there's only four more games to go before we once again have the CUP. Yay Bruins!!! Not a bad showing for Boston so far this season, huh? Incidently, those seats you had sound like pure heaven. Somewhere around I'm sure I've got a paycheck stub that has enough digits on it to come fairly close to what one of those seats must have cost. How'd you come by a thing like that? Good on you!

Ian

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Ian!

Yeah, those seats go for several hundred bucks each, but one of my friends got them from a wealthy friend who couldn't use them (we just paid a fraction of the cost).

Good to see you here!

Go SOX AND BRUINS!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, that sure does sound, and look like fun Lee. :clap: :clap: :clap: