New Fav Vacation Spot!

Deelady

We had a double vacation this past weekend first part was a family trip To Dillon State Park where we rented a cabin over night but then we dropped off the girls with my MIL and had a romantic getaway at a place called Salt Fork Lodge.....I LOVED it there and now we are pining to return there well the Fall colors arrive!
Here are a few pics :) It was storming like crazy when we arrived and I was so excited I for the first time captured a lightning bolt on camera :D the thirdpic was the view from our balcony as well as the lighning shot .

Attachments

• SUMMER 978.jpg
    SUMMER 978.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 201
  • SUMMER 979.jpg
    SUMMER 979.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 190
  • SUMMER 998.jpg
    SUMMER 998.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 270
  • SUMMER 1063.jpg
    SUMMER 1063.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 194
  • SUMMER 1000.jpg
    SUMMER 1000.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 196
  • SUMMER 1007.jpg
    SUMMER 1007.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 201
  • SUMMER 1014.jpg
    SUMMER 1014.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 209
  • salt fork.jpg
    salt fork.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 196
  • SUMMER 1077.jpg
    SUMMER 1077.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 205
  • SUMMER 1109.jpg
    SUMMER 1109.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 201
  • SUMMER 1037.jpg
    SUMMER 1037.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 196

Deelady

a few more :D The stone house in the previous set as well as the root cellar and antique looking room ( I took the pic through the window) was the home of the origional owner that owned all the surrounding land (we are talking about a vast amount!!) it was all farm land and the decided to fill it in to make a lake! Amazing!

Attachments

• SUMMER 1030.jpg
    SUMMER 1030.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 201
  • SUMMER 1044.jpg
    SUMMER 1044.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 186
  • SUMMER 1060.jpg
    SUMMER 1060.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 181
  • SUMMER 1447.jpg
    SUMMER 1447.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 197
  • SUMMER 1086.jpg
    SUMMER 1086.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 198
  • SUMMER 1082-1.jpg
    SUMMER 1082-1.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 219
  • SUMMER 1019.jpg
    SUMMER 1019.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
It looks like a wonderfully relaxing place Dee! I'm glad you had a good time...you deserved a break after the wonderful cookout you hosted!

Deelady

Thank you Mama we really did enjoy it but the funny thing was we had to rush home because we had last minute guests coming to visit from New Jersey! So unfortunately the last day was a bit hurried.....and now today we are having last minute guests from California.......:huh::bonk:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm glad you two had so much fun. Those are all beautiful photos, but that deer......:a1:.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Excellent photos of a gloriously beautiful spot, Dee!!

I'm so glad you and DH had a good time. Thanks for sharing with us!

Lee

Deelady

Thank you Cooksie and Lee :)
Cooksie that dear deer was so cute! :D He just stood there not afraid at all and his mom kept calling after him somewhere in the trees...he would look back for a second as if to say "I'm coming hang on!!" but would still just stand there looking at us :)

SilverSage

Resident Crone
What wonderful photos! It sure looks like a great getaway for the two of you.

Thanks for sharing your weekend with us.

homecook

Beautiful pics Dee! That's a place DH and I will have to look into for a nice weekend getaway!I like the looks of that better than Mohican Lodge...

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
GREAT pics Dee. I love Salt Fork and used to go there regularly years ago. I had forgotten how beautiful it is there. Looks like they upgraded the lodge since I was last there. If the pics of the water were Salt Fork I'm surprised there were not boats on the water. They are normally everywhere. :D

Deelady

Thanks Doc! and oh there were PLENTY of boats out as well as jet skis, the water pictured was a small part of the lake in front of the Stone House so it was a pretty secluded area away from the marinas. We really loved it there, we will definately return! I am hoping next time to get one of the lake front cabins!