Mom again, Chocolate sour cream cake

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
Well, the last one on Mom's must do list is the chocolate cake. Going to work on that tonight. Wonder what she left out this time? Notice that she doesn't have a name on the recipe :)

Attachments

• Scan002.jpg
    Scan002.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 124
  • Scan003.jpg
    Scan003.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 126

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks. It's amazing how many versions there can be. My first attempt is in the oven... Now I have to figure out what she means with the icing recipe....

FryBoy

Looks like she wrote to use the inning while hot, which I think would make it more like a glaze.

BTW, I have two card files full of this sort of thing, one from my mother with a few from my grandmother, and another from my MIL. Also have a 3-ring binder of my mom's recipes. Haven't made too many of them. Old recipes are terse, to say the least, because you're supposed to KNOW how to cook without explicit directions.

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
But it's fun going through them, and kicking off those memories of when they used to cook/bake. I believe I have my grandmother's as well. Of course, the story goes that she never measured anything :)

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I have my grandma Esther's chocolate cake recipe without an icing recipe. If you want it, let me know.