your weekend?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my weekend, we're probably going shopping tonite & maybe dinner, then tomorrow idlewild (an amusement park with a water park), then camping, then sunday wht.water rafting.

yours?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
we went yard-sailing last weekend. scored a butcher-block-like cutting board, 4 baby champagne glasses, smaller thna shotglasses, a book titled "french women don't get fat" that i luv so far as i skim over it, & an adorable espresso cup to sip my vodka from.

school holds events like texas hold-em nights.

pugger

1 more ceiling fan to install (in the garage, it's a throwaway from across the street - a brand new one at that). Still cleaning up from the fishing trip/floor install/garage re-org & subsequent trashing. I never seem to catch up :huh:

homecook

Oh Lefty, you and my DH would get along great! He plays every weekend. He also plays on Poker Stars and 3 years ago he won a seat and went to the tourney in the Bahamas........without me I might add. LOL

I'll be doing alot of cooking this weekend for our annual trip to Mohican State Park next weekend. We rent cabins there every year (36) to be exact. It's gone from 9 cabins to 3 now. My family is getting smaller. LOL The weather is supposed to be nice so I'll probably end up in the pool for the most part. I will also be doing some yard work. Nothing too exciting...

FooD

Sat morning: work
Sat afternoon: yard work
Sat nite: BBQ

Sun: work all day
Sun nite: BBQ

Slight change of plan...

Sat afternoon: instead of yard work I'm going a local dealership to see if I can get $4500 for my clunker towards a new vehicle purchase. I need a new pick up so I can carry materials for my landscaping project.

homecook

Slight change of plan...

Sat afternoon: instead of yard work I'm going a local dealership to see if I can get $4500 for my clunker towards a new vehicle purchase. I need a new pick up so I can carry materials for my landscaping project.

You better change your plans again FooD. The money is running out and they've suspended that plan. Go figure. I heard it on the news this morning!

FooD

You better change your plans again FooD. The money is running out and they've suspended that plan. Go figure. I heard it on the news this morning!
Yes I heard.....but it seems like the feds found some more money to give away this weekend....:D

chowhound

Slight change of plan...

I recommend getting a trailer with low sides. They're cheaper and you can leave them loaded and work out of them. Just park it next to your project, unhook it and drive away. Then if you don't get all the bark (let's say) unloaded right away, no big deal.

Me, I never have any plans :wink:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Pack, move, unpack. Clean. More of the same on Sunday except a round of golf early in the morning. Boring....

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Just like any other weekend work Saturday till noon, go shopping and sit around the house the rest of the weekend. Now to me that is heaven really, I'm old tired and boring on a good day.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
sounds ool, guys! soooo, what's rafting like? & camping?

Luvs, camping is fun until you are about 13 years old or a real outdoorsy, nature girl who likes to commune with nature and doesn't mind discomfort and inconvenience. Otherwise, it's WAY more fun to be in a nice resort. Or a hotel. Or a motel. Or home.

White water rafting is an absolutely thrilling BLAST, no matter what age you are!

Lee

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thnaks! so basically camping is not fer me & rafting sounds awesome!

heb1976

My oldest has a soccer game at 10AM Saturday. After that I have to put up the last of the 2 U6 soccer nets for the little guys and finish lining that U6 field. After that, going home and cutting the grass and going to start cleaning up the garage. It is a pig sty and I cannot deal with it anymore. I finally unpacked my bag from the FL trip last night. I swear I need 48 hour days! Sunday, finishing up the cleaning & a then friend of ours and his gf wanted to hang out. Not up for it - so we will see.

I'll be doing alot of cooking this weekend for our annual trip to Mohican State Park next weekend.

Mom, you need to let me know what I need to bring with me. I am packing up the car on the afternoon of the 7th, heading out to your house - go to the concert and then sleeping at your house instead of coming back home. We can leave as soon as dad gets his crap together. Making it easy!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm so gonna be my usually compulsively clean self camping. my diva gear's packed! we didn't get bugspray yet, though, & i'm phobic 'bout bugs! i mean, i'm probably not the only one who doesn't want skeeter bites & bee stings!

GotGarlic

I had a meeting this morning for a group I volunteer for, then we had lunch, then I went shopping. I discovered a new (to me - I forgot to ask how long they've been there) wine and cheese shop downtown. I bought a bottle of mead (honey wine) because it reminded me of our trip to Ireland, and a half pound of real buffalo fresh mozzarella cheese! I don't think I've ever had buffalo mozzarella, unless that's what they served at that cafe in Germany.

My new Cook's Illustrated arrived today so I'm going to rest a bit and read that, then make dinner. Something with pasta, prosciutto, tomatoes and Parmigiano Reggiano, and a caprese salad with the fresh mozz. Or maybe caprese salad ingredients plus prosciutto over pasta... that sounds good :chef:

Tomorrow, no plans really. I need to go through some old clothes and separate them by size into boxes, so I can take them to the consignment store. The garden needs some work, so I'll probably do some weeding tomorrow, too. I'm going to suggest to DH that we check out the Winehouse in a nearby neighborhood for dinner: The Winehouse. All entrees are half-price on Sundays.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Saturday clean all day.
Sunday church in AM, then clean the rest of the day.
More to follow in the coming week...

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Yes I heard.....but it seems like the feds found some more money to give away this weekend....:D

There was even one dealership around here that was offering a $4500 match on that. They would give you $4500 for the trade then match it with another $4500 off (dealer incentives I think they were calling it).
Don't matter though, not in a position to buy a new car, even if I did get that much off total which I am thinking somehow it would not add up to that in the end...

Angie

I did hair cuts today...now I'm drinking blackberry wine...very sweet and so good...alittle drunk i must say, tomorrow is the baptism of my new niece Aida Lynn and then respite work wwith shelby.

smoke king

Banned
Leaving Sunday AM with Sammy and two other grandkids for an extended weekend at Great Wolf lodge in KC. Lots of swimming, big waterslides, mini-golf and spending way too much money in the arcade. The best part is, right across the street is an Arthur Bryants BBQ and a Bass pro shop!! Talk to y'all on Wednesday!!

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
We are in Yorkshire with the inlaws this weekend. Went out last night for a great curry in honour mils birthday