WOW!! What's for dinner Wed July 29?

suziquzie

I'm going to give my chicken scallopini thought another go today..... with broccoli and..... something. Salad I guess.

How about you?
:wave:

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Re: WOW!! What's for dinner Wed July 28?

I've got sausages. Don't know what else.

chowhound

I'm thinking about cooking a big roaster chicken on the grill and making giblet gravy for the mashes potatoes. Probably do some corn on the grill, too.

Lefty

Yank
I'm going with burgers on the grill, and fries in the deep fryer.

BTW Suzi, I edited the thread title making it the 29th.

suziquzie

Forget it, I'm going to chows for dinner!
It's been so cold (70 yes I'm a whiner) here I've been thinking comfort food....

homecook

I'm thinking about cooking a big roaster chicken on the grill and making giblet gravy for the mashes potatoes. Probably do some corn on the grill, too.

Oh man Fred!!! Now you've got me wanting mashed taters and gravy and I was trying to eat healthy for a change. Dang!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
we made ceaser salad the traditional way this morning with chix. that was my dinner. it was really yummy! Chef lectured for maybe an hour so we only made that & left class waaaay early.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
No time for anything tonight. Manicure/pedicure, finish my packing before Lou gets here tomorrow. I know there are three meatballs left.. And a piece of that rib eye from dinner the other night.

chowhound

A little lunch to tide us over :wink:

Attachments

• toasted ham & cheese lunch.jpg
    toasted ham & cheese lunch.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 150

chowhound

I think I need to be drinking a little Riesling....
You know, so it doesn't go bad before I cook with it again ;^)

GotGarlic

It's Wednesday night dinner with friends - we're going for sushi tonight. DH is on his own; there are plenty of leftovers if he doesn't feel like cooking.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I simply INHALE red beet eggs, chow, but I leave mine in a while longer ( Darker...) than that'n..
I also do a Mustard Egg (Amish) and a traditional Pickled Egg (also Amish; pickling spices and vinegar) now and again.... then I binge for a few days !!

Oh, yeah, Dener.............. Lasagna and the usual sides.

chowhound

They were only in for three days, Trim. I couldn't wait any longer (lol). The pink was still through to the yolk though.

chowhound

Hey look! One of those plastic pop-up thingies! :lol:

My first chicken with a pop-up thingie. Like I'm going to trust that.
I didn't even see it advertised, and I poured over the Perdue packaging pretty good because I was hoping to see "giblets included", which I didn't, but they were. My giblet gravy would suck without any giblets :dizzy:

Attachments

• beer can chicken1.jpg
    beer can chicken1.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 127

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Nice looking bird, chow.

We're having parmesan chicken tenders, sauteed yellow squash and onions, and probably a little side action of cuc's and tomatoes.

chowhound

Thanks, Cooksie.
This is by far the fattest chicken I've ever cooked. I guess it's what they would call a meat bird. And it's browning up nicely...

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Ewww-weee Bams, looks great.

:waiting:Can't wait to see what you do with the bird and giblets, chow.

homecook

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 116

Deelady

Wow looks great Barb!!!

I just ate a little left over pepper rice and later some Cheese Itz and milk.....lol