What Are We Eating Netcookingtalk? Sunday September 16- Saturday 22.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Yum! Lucky!
The settings on the phone cam went from auto light correction via a slide setting.
Now it's all in box settings.
Also, the cleaner I put on the phone makes my pics in the gallery invisible if I run a scan.
So I've got to edit and name every photo now.

Today is definitely going to be stuffed bell peppers and mash w/ gravy.
Maybe corn too.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Lol
I'd say at least 6 hrs away.

Now I'm hungry for sausages.
I've got an apple chicken one in the freezer.
I'll have that for lunch with onions and mustard.
:hotdog:

lilbopeep

🍀🍀🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Last night's dinner was meatloaf, steamed broccoli, whipped potatoes (with butter and scallion cream cheese added) and gravy.

meatloaf_091918_IMG_4874.JPG

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We had breaded chicken cutlets Parmesan, steamed broccoli and buttered noodles (DD's cooked). No pictures

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Dinner last night was a tostado with a base of refried black beans, topped with boiled sweet potato chunks tossed in a glaze of pineapple, garlic, chipotle in adobo, plus thin sliced red cabbage, a pineapple/cilantro/garlic salsa, with a crema drizzle. It was actually very good and quite pretty but I didn't get a picture.

It's also vegetarian if you use something other than lard for the refried beans.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Easy Night ;
Chicken Nuggets, Fries, Carrots, and Tomato Salad (Tomatoes, Onions, Sweet Peppers& Jalapenos in a Balsamic...

Tomato Salad.jpg

Chicken Nuggets.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey, Lucky, your fries look good! Do you actually fry them in oil or something?

Lee

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Both of those are oven-fried, on a wire rack with a spray of olive oil, VERY light spray... the nuggets are Perdue frozen.... I don't spray them.
I broke the lid to my Fry Baby a while back; Now, THAT little bugger could make a pretty batch of fries !

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I had to look up "malfatti"; yet another dish introduced to me by medtran!

What recipe did you use for it, Karen? Was it difficult?

If not, I'd like to try some with a browned butter/sage sauce.

Lee

P.S. SIX meat Bolognese????? Whoa! :blob_blue:

Sorry, didn't see this until today. I just looked at several recipes and then kind of winged it. I'll write up what I did in next day or so. They were easy, took longer to roll than anything else.

Bolognese recipe was from Giuseppe's . It was on an episode of DDD. Guy went crazy over the sauce so I figured it was worth trying to figure it out, so I did. Ground beef and turkey, bulk hot and mild Italian sausage, bacon, chicken thighs, chicken livers. It's a 2 day sauce at minimum, makes a LOT and freezes well.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Bolognese recipe was from Giuseppe's . It was on an episode of DDD. Guy went crazy over the sauce so I figured it was worth trying to figure it out, so I did. Ground beef and turkey, bulk hot and mild Italian sausage, bacon, chicken thighs, chicken livers. It's a 2 day sauce at minimum, makes a LOT and freezes well.

And WAS it worth it?

Lee

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
And WAS it worth it?

Lee

Well, I've made it twice now, with a couple of tweaks to my original try. Craig really, really likes it cause it's so meaty. I like it too, but not as much as he does, though I do really like it as a ravioli filling. We get about 7 dinners when we divide it up to freeze, plus a lunch for 1 or the other of us. So, yes it's worth it.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I had a small piece of ham steak and 4 silver dollar pancakes (topped with butter & sugar free syrup).

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I got the ham fried rice again at China Dragon.
I already know what's for dinner tomorrow night.
My Jeff and his lady love have invited me to dine with them.
:heart:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
procrastination took over me, guys--hafta make key lime pies, gotta whip cream 4 my pies, & crockpot a roast & cook teensy potato halves/carrot/ &, 4 myself, make an ear of corn-- made my pal bring me a buggy of fresh corn that wasn't so ewwww that i'd cringe as i'd look to pop kernels-- & see if they weren't ucky-- 'lil garlic/butter/salt/pepper/frank's-- oui blueberry yogurt 4 dessert-- shandy, too~`

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Yikes, my bad.
I guess our dinner plans are for tomorrow evening, not tonight. :dizzy:
Sooo, since fall has officially arrived with a chill in the air, I'm going to make a comfort meal dinner this eve.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
procrastination took over me, guys--hafta make key lime pies, gotta whip cream 4 my pies, & crockpot a roast & cook teensy potato halves/carrot/ &, 4 myself, make an ear of corn-- made my pal bring me a buggy of fresh corn that wasn't so ewwww that i'd cringe as i'd look to pop kernels-- & see if they weren't ucky-- 'lil garlic/butter/salt/pepper/frank's-- oui blueberry yogurt 4 dessert-- shandy, too~`

Geez, luvs, isn't that more cooking than you've done all year? Or two?

And you didn't take pictures???

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Grilled sweet Italian sausages with grilled homegrown shishito peppers and miniature eggplants.

Hit the spot!

Lee

Attachments

• sausages, peppers, eggplant.JPG
    sausages, peppers, eggplant.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 90

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
If all goes as planned, I'm doing ground pork meatballs for spaghetti and..
I'll make my own sauce from plain canned and jazz it up.
Possibly corn, onion and pepper salad too.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Yesterday was the monthly eye injection...
Did the knife work beforehand; after that the rest was easy...

Dance Around the Pan w/ Cuke Salad

Pan Dancing.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We had a 1 pot meal. Cheesy andouille pasta. Craig and I were both a bit skeptical about cooking the pasta in with everything else, but it worked. Not a real pretty dish though.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
That's the method I use in my "Pan Dance", Med... works really well....
I do the meat, drain, do the veggies, (Onions, Peppers) add the meat, Diced Tomatoes, the macaroni, and two cups of boiling water.... Shredded Cheese when the pasta is soft.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
That's the method I use in my "Pan Dance", Med... works really well....
I do the meat, drain, do the veggies, (Onions, Peppers) add the meat, Diced Tomatoes, the macaroni, and two cups of boiling water.... Shredded Cheese when the pasta is soft.

That's pretty much what the recipe we used was, except didn't take the meat out (homemade andouille so very little excess fat cooks out) and the water wasn't boiling, just brought everything in pan except pasta up to boil, then added pasta.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Spaghetti and meatballs, no.
Goulash/Am. Chop Suey? Yes!
DIL's request. It's delicious with ground sausage.
Cold corn, pepper and onion salad too.

20180922_162418-765x690.jpg

20180922_162343-768x768.jpg

20180922_144122-768x768.jpg

20180922_143811-768x768.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Egg scramble (egg, potato, onion and ham steak) and cornbread (butter & creamed honey).

eggs_cornbread_092218_IMG_4888.JPG

cornbread_092218_IMG_4886.JPG

trader_joes_creamed_honey_092218_1_IMG_4879.JPG

trader_joes_creamed_honey_092218_2_IMG_4880.JPG

Last edited:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's Hot Turkey Sandwich, Cranberry Sauce, Peas and Carrots, Boiled Baby Reds, Bacon-Cauliflower Salad...

Turkey, Hot Sandwich - Bacon Cauliflower Salad.jpg

Bacon Cauliflower Salad.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5956.jpg
    IMG_5956.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 80
Last edited: