A little rant!

Rustpot

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DW is out of Collage for two weeks and she likes to cook as much as I do. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]She has moved into “MY” kitchen! O-VEY! :ohmy:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I like to put things here and there in the kitchen, she likes to put things there and here in the kitchen. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Here is one little example: I like to hang a dish towel from the upper cabinet door handle to wipe my hands on. She likes to hang a dish towel from the lower cabinet door handle to wipe my hands on.:dizzy: When I reach for the dish towel, it's not there! :angry:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I know, I know, It's only two weeks!:waiting: :rolleyes:Then I get “MY” kitchen back.:D[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]PS. She does cook almost as good as I do, and I get a break for two weeks. :smile:[/FONT]​

Embryodad

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DW is out of Collage for two weeks and she likes to cook as much as I do. [/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]She has moved into “MY” kitchen! O-VEY! :ohmy:[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I like to put things here and there in the kitchen, she likes to put things there and here in the kitchen. [/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Here is one little example: I like to hang a dish towel from the upper cabinet door handle to wipe my hands on. She likes to hang a dish towel from the lower cabinet door handle to wipe my hands on.:dizzy: When I reach for the dish towel, it's not there! :angry:[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I know, I know, It's only two weeks!:waiting: :rolleyes:Then I get “MY” kitchen back.:D[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]PS. She does cook almost as good as I do, and I get a break for two weeks. :smile:[/FONT]​

Rustpot... I know what you mean.
I went through almost the same thing all last week, and even up until today .....
The DD took over the kitchen with her baking...then DW followed suit when DD left. ....

All my measuring spoons and cups are in different places..... the spices are all in different drawers... LOL

It takes me a day to re-organize the stuff the way I'm used to it.

In the long run though.... I get all the cookies and baked goods I like.
I don't do baking that much.
I could do a box cake...but that's about it!

Ooops! there is one rant I hate...and that is using three or four dish towels at the same time, and I hate when they are just crunched or balled on the stove handles. Grrrrr!!!

Rustpot

Ooops! there is one rant I hate...and that is using three or four dish towels at the same time, and I hate when they are just crunched or balled on the stove handles. Grrrrr!!!

This is just what my wife does! She can go through more dish towels in one day than what I go through in a week.

Embryodad

This is just what my wife does! She can go through more dish towels in one day than what I go through in a week.
That surely is the truth...
Another rant I have...is when Every Single stir spoon and scraper is used to mix One Cookie dough!
I counted 7 the other day..with three loaded with chocolate and just thrown in the sink...in with the 7 egg shells. After they crack eggs..they throw them in the sink. Oooooo! I hate that!!
OH! ... This is a great thread Rustpot!

I'm sure it's not to gang up on any particular person / place / or thing..hahaha
but We all have a "Those" ... a "Them" .... and lest not forget my favorite..the "Theys"!" ....

I'm not complaining now..(although I could ) ...because My DW; "One of the They's", is forming the sweet Challah bread loaves; to bake as soon as the proof.

I always remember ... "For Each Bad .. There is sometimes a Good"......
................................."For Each Good .. There is sometimes a Bad"......

45 Years of DW Good .... and ?

The Bread is a Good... And the baking is done; and I get my kitchen back so I can make and prepare more Good.. "Food".. L O L ...

Rustpot

That surely is the truth...
Another rant I have...is when Every Single stir spoon and scraper is used to mix One Cookie dough!
I counted 7 the other day..with three loaded with chocolate and just thrown in the sink...in with the 7 egg shells. After they crack eggs..they throw them in the sink. Oooooo! I hate that!! [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I know what you mean! And the garbage can is just two foot away. [/FONT]
OH! ... This is a great thread Rustpot!

I'm sure it's not to gang up on any particular person / place / or thing..hahaha
but We all have a "Those" ... a "Them" .... and lest not forget my favorite..the "Theys"!" .... [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Agreed[/FONT]

I'm not complaining now..(although I could ) ...because My DW; "One of the They's", is forming the sweet Challah bread loaves; to bake as soon as the proof. My DW just had me squeeze the water from the grated potatoes for our Latkes.

I always remember ... "For Each Bad .. There is sometimes a Good"...... ;)
................................."For Each Good .. There is sometimes a Bad"......;)

45 Years of DW Good .... and ? Mazel Tov

The Bread is a Good... And the baking is done; and I get my kitchen back so I can make and prepare more Good.. "Food".. L O L ...
It's getting late and almost time for Shabbat.
Have a good Shabbat
Shalom

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
...about dish towels ... you should not use the same towel to dry dishes as you dry your hands with. ....from better homes and gardens:

Don’t use the same towel to dry dishes and hands

Most of the bacteria found in your kitchen arrived there via your own two hands. To prevent contaminating clean dishes with germs and bacteria from your hands, keep two dishtowels accessible: One for drying hands and one for drying dishes. Choose two different colors, or hang them in two different locations to help your family identify which towel is for which purpose.

more dish towel tips:
5 Things not to do with a kitchen towel (and why!)
http://www.sheknows.com/home-and-ga...initely-not-do-with-a-kitchen-towel-and-why-1

joec

Gold Site Supporter
You should live with my wife. I call her the pot killer as she is the only person I know that has melted a vision ware pot making rice. I bought her cast iron and the rest is mine and she best not touch it. Other than the fact when she cooks she will sit down and forget about it with me I stay over it no matter how long it takes. Her food is good just scary to watch here get there is all.

Embryodad

You should live with my wife. I call her the pot killer as she is the only person I know that has melted a vision ware pot making rice. I bought her cast iron and the rest is mine and she best not touch it. Other than the fact when she cooks she will sit down and forget about it with me I stay over it no matter how long it takes. Her food is good just scary to watch here get there is all.
OMG joec that is so funny.

My daughter is the pot destroyer.

We bought a nice non stick griddle for use on the stovetop.
One day...brand new..she destroyed it. She made some kind of beef and poured pure maple syrup over the chicken. and it stuck on there.
I used everything to try and get it off including potassium hydroxide 80% solution, and it didn't touch it. In the trash... L O L ...

We buy her pans and pots, and she warps and burns them.

I told her, she should get a job in a test kitchen for cookware.

pugger

You're okay.

You didn't say anything about loading the dishwasher correctly - I can never do it correctly !!!:bonk::oops:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i hear you. no one in my kitch. a drink, a bowl of cereal, or getting a quick snack or using one of my garbage cans is okay. meatballs & loaves, we'll see. run, & fast, if ur not given permission & hide in the other living room....... unless u offer to wash a dish. 'cept i leave no dishes in the sink, bwa-ha-ha!~