Whats Cooking NCT Sunday 11/23/14 to Sat 11/29/14?

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I did not see a thread started yet for this week, hope it's OK that I initiated.

Tonight was broiled scampi over linguine with salad and fresh bread. Sorry for the crappy pic quality.

20141123_192705.jpg

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Re: Default Whats Cooking NCT Sunday 11/23/14 to Sat 11/29/14?

I don't know why the title of the thread starts with default. Can one of the mods please correct?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I use the big easy last night for the first time. I did a whole cut up chicken and hot dogs. Used hickory and mesquite chips in smoker box. Cooked chicken 3/4 done done basted with KC masterpiece sauce for last 15 minutes. Then the dogs after. Everything turned out wonderful. No pictures because when I got back in from putting on the dogs everything was served and they were eating. Next time I will get pics.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I pulled out a slab of spare ribs and baked them off. Have the brisket left for dinner tonight, but the skirt was turned ito a snack fro the cook..

Attachments

• Dinner 112314.jpg
    Dinner 112314.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 152

homecook

It was homemade pizza while watching the Browns with friends.

Attachments

• 102_4014.jpg
    102_4014.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 102_4018.jpg
    102_4018.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 154

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my pantry is kinda bare (well, not really- i hafta shove that shut & use a case of pop & a gallon of juice to keep her closed.) i think i have a few steaks in my fridge, tho. & i have black 'n gold pierogies in my freezer, too.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
There were some posts recently on salting meat, I started salivating so last night I made a dry brined, reverse seared steak. It went well with green beans and DW fried some tater slices to fill the plate.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I have a pot of small white beans cooking on the stove, with onion, garlic, spices and poblano and serrano chiles. Soon, I'll add some chicken and cilantro, and we'll have white chicken chili for dinner. A trick I learned from the Pioneer Woman Cooks website, is to add a slurry of whole milk and corn flour (Maseca) toward the end of cooking. Yum.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
With the kitchen all torn up with the painting project, it was good to have the leftover spare rib brisket & macaroni salad. I threw the rest of the broccoli in the steamer and we called it dinner. No pics, but the leftovers are no more.:chef:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
With the kitchen all torn up with the painting project, it was good to have the leftover spare rib brisket & macaroni salad. I threw the rest of the broccoli in the steamer and we called it dinner. No pics, but the leftovers are no more.:chef:

I guess that says it all. ;)

Guts

That's a good looking pie homecook

MexicanKaren

Glad to see your posting, I've missed you

Embryodad

Boy! ... all that food looks great!

I'm dreading Thursdays Turkey fest.....but Home Made Manicotti will be what I will gorge on...

Today, we had hoagies. I had a roast beef with lettuce, tomato, and onions with shredded lettuce and mayo on one half, and olive oil and oregano with fresh pepper on the other half.!

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Pre Thanksgiving Dinner - WARM UP!

Pan seared flap steak with chimichurri cilantro sauce, roasted baby dutch taters with lemon and garlic, kicked up canned green beans.... yep, canned. They look pretty good for canned stuff! And fresh sourdough bread.

20141126_195740-1.jpg

20141126_205343-1.jpg

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Those dutch taters did not taste good. Maybe the lemon reacted with the foil or something?? It was a recipe on the back of the bag, but it ended up having an off putting flavor.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I'm quick soaking some beans to make minestrone soup. I'll add some ricotta meatballs from my freezer. It is (relatively) cool here, and our humidity has taken a dive now that the rainy season is over. Gets down into the low 60s at night, low 80s during the day, humidity about 30-40%, compared to 90-95% in the summer. All of the ceiling fans are turned off. Feels like soup weather to us.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
This was dinner Friday and Saturday... needless to say, I'm not cooking Sunday cuz I'm pooped! Friday was turkey pasta toss, Saturday was smothered steaks with left over Turkey day sides.

20141129_172623.jpg

20141129_192611.jpg

20141128_194214-1.jpg