Morse Code

Rustpot

Is morse code a dieing art? or is there anyone who remembers it?

There are spacers between letters (/) & words.(//)

/ = space between each letter. // = space between each word.

. _ _ / . / ._ / _ // .... / ._ / ..... / ..... / . / _. / . / _.. // ._ _ / .... / . / _. // _ /.... / . // _ / .... / ._ / _. / _._ / ... // _ _. /.. / ..._ / .. / _. / _ _. // _ / .._ /. .. / _._ /. / .. .. // _ _. / . . / _ // .. / _. // ._ // ._. /.. / _ _. /.... /_ // ?

Answer; .... / - -. / . . / _ // _/ .... / . // ... / _ / .._ / ._. / ._. / .. / _. / _ _ . // _._ / _. / . . / .. ./ _._ /. / _.. // . . / .._ / _ // . . / ._. // .... / .. / _ _ //

Leni

It's no longer required to get your ham license. My husband (K6TK) had to learn it to get his. He hasn't used it for years. Your message is going to send him to his code book. There are a few hams on this site.

Leni

Without being insulting may I suggest that you fellows consult your own code books? Lots of misspellings from both of you and although we were able to figure out the question (At least I think we did) we could not decipher the answer. Sorry about that.

Rustpot

Without being insulting may I suggest that you fellows consult your own code books? Lots of misspellings from both of you and although we were able to figure out the question (At least I think we did) we could not decipher the answer. Sorry about that.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]No offense taken. I thought it would be a fun way to present a little humor. This is where I got the code; http://brasspounder.com:8873/CodeCharts.html [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]And I am sure my spelling was a flop. Now I see why no one does mores code. :poster_oops:[/FONT]

Leni

Just FYI American morse code was used by the railroad telegraph operators. It hasn't been used since the early 1900's. Only the international code is used now. No wonder he couldn't figure out your messages answer or decode Embryodads message either.

DH has been a ham for 55 years. In order to get his extra class license he had to transmit and copy 20 words a minute. Want to try to send your joke again in international? :flowers:

Last edited:

Rustpot

Sorry all! I just thought it would be fun. Here it is.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]What happened when the Thanks giving Turkey got in a fight?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A. He got the stuffing knocked out of him[/FONT]

Last edited:

Leni

Good one Rustpot. Next time just use the international code and we all can have fun decoding.