Anyone baking christmas cookies yet?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I used to begin making various cookie doughs the week after thanksgiving. I don't have the time to do it that way any longer ....(although now I have an entire professional kitchen at my disposal for when I do have time).

I'm still at the 'figuring what I want to make' phase. I have a few varieties that I make every year with lots of new ones added.

Anyone else doing cookies?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I haven't started mine yet. I'm just now getting the house back in order from Thanksgiving :lol:. I have finished most of my Christmas shopping. I'm hoping to finish the shopping and have the tree up and everything decorated by the end of the weekend and start my baking next week. Not sure what I'll be baking yet though.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
so unlike me, i actually thought of making cookies. well, not cookies, exactly,- i have blondies on the mind. bought fresh flour. made sure there was adequate sugar. hafta refresh myself on these baking formulas. i'd luv to take santa & snowman cookies to decorate w/ my nephews on Christmas Eve.

'cept then i think of last winter, the insult in my friends voice & the way she went on for days on the phone w/ me 'bout how someone on FB made a comment 'bout how her hamentashen looked, how much work it was. she's so crammed in her kitchen, though, she can't fit a table in it, so i would imagine it would take some work to make them sans enough room.
think i'm gonna actually bake!
later for re-learning those baking formulas, though

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
SilverSage...I know what you mean... I try to do a variety that includes at least one with chocolate, 2-3 with fruit (jam or dried), 2-3 with nuts, and then the 5 that have to be present every year.
I've already purchased 3 holiday baking magazines that have cookies on the cover....and was disappointed to discover that one of them was more about decorating the house then the cookies.

Got to get busy, though!

Guts

Vera I'm not going to make any cookies this year. I'm on a diet. But Christmas to me would have to include rum balls and the classic sugar cookie. My father used to make the rum balls. It was the only time I ever saw him drink alcohol in any form.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
My rum balls are like my bourbon balls....I use ground vanilla wafers, melted chocolate and then the booze...some sugar, too, I think. They are best after about 5 days in the fridge!

Ronjohn

Sheila has started to make some. Not really for Christmas I guess, but for some little holiday get together she's having this weekend.

Which means I'll either be hiding in the garage and back yard if it's nice outside, or the basement if it's too cold to be outside :)