MEMBER SPOTLIGHT - Lilylove!!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Tell us a little about yourself - your family or household, kids, pets, occupation, etc. One almost perfect hubby and one semi-perfect son. Wouldn't trade either of them for anything or anyone else. In ways that I can't get into both of them have saved me. We have two kitties. Jellybelly a very fats furry sweet gray striped Maine Coon and Desmond ( Dezzieman) a skinny sweet very independent black and white.

What part of the world do you live in? Issaquah Washington. 30 minutes or so east of rainy cloudy gray Seattle

How did you find the NCT community? I was invited from a nice person that used to go to another cooking site...

Do you have any hobbies besides cooking? Reading, books have always been my drug of choice. They take me away to such wonderful places. Traveling! I love being in different a different country and exploring. Mexico and Greece are two of my favorite places. Paul and I will spend many months a year in Mexico after (if ever) he retires.

If you could choose any profession or occupation, what would it be and why? I think my first grade teacher asked me this same question.... My answer has never changed. I want to be a wife and mother.

How and why did you choose your Username? What does it mean? LILY was our very much LOVED kitty. I had her for 13 years before she got sick and died. Even though we have two cats now that we LOVE to pieces Lily will always be Queen of cats. She gave us love and let us love her as much as we needed.

What is a typical day like for you?
LOL! LAZY! I'm a housewife with no kids at home. I do my house cleaning and or errands in the morning and spend the rest of the day playing on this silly computer.
Weekends are more busy since I get to "take care of hubby" all day. EVERY day starts with coffee and ends with a few pages of which ever book I'm reading.

Give us 5 words that describe you. Honest, happy, too trusting, caring

Name 5 things that would be on your "bucket list". 1. Live in Mexico 2. Return to Amsterdam and really get to know the city 3. Fly in one of those zero gravity planes 4. I'd pass on all of those to see my son happy and healthy and loved.

Name 5 things you can't live without. Paul, David, animals to love, coffee SUNSHINE!

Who is your role model and why? My grandmother. She was always able to find the good in every person. She always tried so hard to be happy and make others around her happy even when most people would have run and hid. She was strong in a way that I could never hope to be. Dang I wish she were here now.

Tell us one thing about yourself that people would be surprised to know. When I was 13 or so I went to a street fair with my mom. While I was there I had Greek food for the first time and fell in love with Greece. I loved the way the old Yaya (grandma) was yelling at her family and then laughing and smiling, loved the way the whole family looked at her, loved the posters hanging in their shop. I told mom then that I was going to grow up and marry a Greek man so I could have that kind of food and family. I had to wait a long time but I found my Greek man. I Married him and I have the family that I'd always dreamed of. LOL... have to cook all that good food myself though.

What would the child you once were think of the adult you have become? She would think that I haven't changed much. I'm still the one that has to FIX everything, the one that can't stand it when the people she loves hurt, still the one that cries too easily, loves too hard and can't let go, still the one that settles for less than she deserves if it makes it easier for loved ones to be happy, the one who always gives the biggest bowl of warm chocolate pudding to the person who only likes it when it's her favorite thing.

What is the best moment of your life so far? That's just too hard! :) The first time Paul said "I love you" Other than David he's only the second person that's said it that I really believed. Grandma was the other. The first time I saw the Meteora also stands out as a moment in time for me.

How and at what age did you start cooking? Brownies, Grandma's kitchen. I was probably in 3rd grade.

Do you have a signature dish or one that you make especially well? People ask for my clam chowder all the time. I'm getting pretty good at Greek dishes too.

What is your favorite spice? Does vanilla count ..if not I'd have to say garlic. I can't have too much of that.

What 2 cooking tools/gadgets/appliances would you swap from your kitchen and what would you swap them for? I have a very small food processor and would love to have a bigger one. I can't think of another one..well, I am tired of the plates we have and would love to shop for new ones.

What is your favorite restaurant meal? I'm not very good at cooking steak right so I love it when someone does it for me.

What would your last meal be if you could choose anything at all? I'd fly to Greece and have gyros at this little street stand on one of the islands. NO, I'd have three! :)

If you could host a dinner party with 6 well-known guests, living or dead, who would they be and what would you serve? No one. I'd much rather have people I love and care about around my dinner table. I've never really wanted to meet anyone in the public eye... though I guess I wouldn't complain too much if Richard Gere showed up asking for a sandwich!

Who would you most like to prepare a meal for and why. What would you serve? David, Paul, mom and my Grandmother. She died before she saw me happy and that is my one real regret in life. She died when I was in a very unhappy place and it's always bothered me. I'd make that clam chowder I was talking about earlier and a spinach salad and French bread. Dessert would be homemade vanilla icecream.

Who would you most like to have prepare a meal for you? I guess this should have been on my bucket list. I reallllly reallly want to eat in Hell's kitchen and have Mr. Ramsey cook just for Paul and I.

100 years from now, how would you like to be rememberedas someone who gave more than she took and someone who was loved as much as she loved.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you so much Lily!! I think your granmother is present is just about everything you've ever written here! What a nice spotlight!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
yep, you're just as I imagined! Thanks for the wonderful look into your life.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I agree with Mama - you are as sweet and genuine and loving as you express in your posts, Trish! It's just fabulous when someone is living her lifelong dream as you are!

I envy your "lazy" life! Someday, me too!

Thanks for sharing YOU with us!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Great job Lilly. I really enjoyed reading your answers. I sailed the Mediterranean sea while in the Navy but we never stopped in Greece, dang it. I really was hoping to spend some time there. I love Gyros. Do you make those?

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Ah Trish - thanks so much for sharing some of your lovely, gentle self with us. Your kindness shines through every post you make, and Paul is a lucky man. He should buy you a new food processor! SOMEDAY, I really believe that the four of us will meet here in Mexico. Can't wait.

lilylove

Ah Trish - thanks so much for sharing some of your lovely, gentle self with us. Your kindness shines through every post you make, and Paul is a lucky man. He should buy you a new food processor! SOMEDAY, I really believe that the four of us will meet here in Mexico. Can't wait.

Meeting would be a blast! Some day we'll be there for more than a week at a time and we'll make it happen.

P.s. He's offered a number of times to buy me a new processor but silly me keeps saying "no, I can wait"...

lilylove

Great job Lilly. I really enjoyed reading your answers. I sailed the Mediterranean sea while in the Navy but we never stopped in Greece, dang it. I really was hoping to spend some time there. I love Gyros. Do you make those?

We make fake gyros Doc. We use either pork or ground lamb or leftover leg of lamb. They are good but not the real thing. :(

You need to make a trip to Greece! Skip Athens though, it's loud ugly and really dirty. Go to the islands. :)

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
trish, i'd be stumped if someone said find a way 2 dislike so luv-ing a person!
scritch-scratch those whisker-owning meowers ears & that 4 me,
we wub your :wub: self~

buckytom

Grill Master
i've said it since the moment i met you, lll.

you always cause me to remember that true, unconditional love really exists in the world. thank you. :flowers:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks so much, Trish. It's wonderful to see goals being set, perseverance, and goals attained. Great spotlight.

Buzz