What are you Baking today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Thank you. I got the recipe from something Mama posted a few weeks ago, but I changed it up some.

For example, a tablespoon of cinnamon in the crust just sounded like too much for my taste. And a half teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg would have overpowered the other flavors. But I did bump up the cinnamon in the filling to a teaspoon. I also cut the butter in the crust in half, and it came out real nice. Added a couple tablespoons of bourbon for complexity and a couple tablespoons of flour for structure. I reduced the vanilla in the topping from a tablespoon to a teaspoon. I changed up the cooking time a bit. 45 minutes at 325F, then another 45 minutes at 300F.

But other than that, I followed the recipe exactly!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
OH SS......that is a thing of beauty!!!!!!! How was it? Would you make it again?

Would you post your pics and changes in that recipe thread so I'll remember the changes you made?

I made some slider buns (aka dinner rolls).

Attachments

• slider-rolls (640x480).jpg
    slider-rolls (640x480).jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 93

Shermie

Site Supporter
Just made these - a sweet potato and a pumpkin pie.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 96

Shermie

Site Supporter
Thanx, Lilbopeep!

Just had a piece of the pumpkin pie. It is OOOOHHHH SOOOO GOOOOOOD!!!!!

Mr. Green Jeans

Currently have garbanzos in the pressure cooker destined to be roasted red pepper hummus. I think I'll be needing some flat bread for a taste test later.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Peepers! It's on to the peanut butter marshmallow fudge tomorrow...2 double batches.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I made thumbprint cookies. Lemon dusted with confectioners sugar. Raspberry and Blackberry drizzled with white chocolate.

Attachments

• thumbprint-cookies.jpg
    thumbprint-cookies.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 208

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I made a chocolate cake-like cookie. Baked them fro about 8 minutes, made a slight indentation and added a teaspoon of raspberry jelly then topped with a half of a marshmallow. I returned them to the oven for another 2 minutes, cooled and drizzled with chocolate. :ohmy:

Attachments

• chocolate-surprise1.jpg
    chocolate-surprise1.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 184

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Shermie! Your sugar cookies look delicious!

I finished the last of my cookie baking today. I made chocolate chip, oatmeal with raisins and walnuts, and Russian Tea Cakes today. I made this pan for DH to take to work with him tomorrow.

Attachments

• christmas-cookies.jpg
    christmas-cookies.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 169

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I made a chocolate cake-like cookie. Baked them fro about 8 minutes, made a slight indentation and added a teaspoon of raspberry jelly then topped with a half of a marshmallow. I returned them to the oven for another 2 minutes, cooled and drizzled with chocolate. :ohmy:
I'd love this recipe. Pretty please Mama.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Status
Not open for further replies.