1/2 lb ground pork
minced onion
minced garlic
fresh cracked black pepper
italian seasoning, rubbed between your fingers
cajun season - just a little
worchestershire sauce
eggs
bread crumbs, oatmeat or seasoned croutons crushed fine.

preheat oven to 350*F

all spices,garlic and onion are too taste. sometimes you want a little more of something, sometimes you dont.

mix all meat in a bowl.add spices,egg,w-sauce, and your binder. roll into desired sized meatballs.

place on baking sheet and cook for approx, 30 minutes. to get some of the grease out. add to sauce, simmer for 6-8 hours.

i have also put these meatballs into a smoker and cooked them that way, then made my pasta sauce

8w9l04.jpg

joec

Gold Site Supporter
this is how i do them for my sauces.

i use lean ground meats for these.

1 lb ground beef
1/2 lb ground veal
1/2 lb ground pork
minced onion
minced garlic
worchestershire sauce
eggs

preheat oven to 350*F

all spices,garlic and onion are too taste. sometimes you want a little more of something, sometimes you dont.

mix all meat in a bowl.add spices,egg,w-sauce, and your binder. roll into desired sized meatballs.

place on baking sheet and cook for approx, 30 minutes. to get some of the grease out. add to sauce, simmer for 6-8 hours.

i have also put these meatballs into a smoker and cooked them that way, then made my pasta sauce

Pretty much the same way I do it but use a bit of crushed red pepper in place of the Cajun seasoning. I also refrigerate the meat balls once formed for about 30 minutes before cooking. I brown mine slightly in a sauté pan with a bit of olive oil then add straight into my sauce to cook there.

I do make the smaller cocktail meat balls though in the oven though but finish the cooking there and supply a sauce to dip them in.

Excellent recipe Jeff.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
minced onion
minced garlic
worchestershire sauce
eggs

I'll add the above to Boca crumbles :D

Johnny West

this is how i do them for my sauces.

i use lean ground meats for these.

1 lb ground beef
1/2 lb ground veal
1/2 lb ground pork
minced onion
minced garlic
worchestershire sauce
eggs

preheat oven to 350*F

8w9l04.jpg
This is basically what we do except my wife adds currents, I use raisins, and do not use veal, Worcestershire sauce, or Cajun seasoning. We bake ours and only add them to the marinara just before serving.

last week Nancy made 108 meatballs…

FB4A00CC-CB3A-40BB-AEDB-0D826FC47811.jpeg

Reactions: Doc