Sinfully rich Toll House pie

leolady

People love it because I guess it is not well known but it is real simple to make and easy to find on the net. I used to sell these pies for church fundraisers. I remember having to make 60 pies in a 2 week period and still could not keep up with orders.

I always made it sound mysterious cause it sold more pies. I don't do much selling anymore, so I guess I will confess.:lol:

Toll House Pie

2 eggs
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1 c. butter, melted & cooled to room temperature DO NOT USE MARGARINE
1 (6 oz.) pkg. (1 c.) Nestle Toll House semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 c. chopped black walnuts cause they have better flavor I think
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shell

Whipped cream or ice cream (optional)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Beat in flour, sugar and brown sugar until well blended. Blend in melted butter. Stir in Nestle Toll House semi-sweet chocolate morsels and walnuts. Pour into pie shell. Bake 1 hour. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.

Do not skimp on the quality of the ingredients. The sweet richness will be ruined. Just eat a smaller piece of you can.

Last edited:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
My mom loves black walnuts. There was a neighbor with a tree in her yard when my mom was a little girl and all the kids would pick the nuts for her and crack them open and she would bake them cookies.