Sage, fried in browned butter

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I think I've posted about this before, in another forum or two, but since I had it again tonight, I'll post again about it in the Herbs forum.

Fry some fresh sage leaves in butter until they get darker green and the butter is lightly browned.

Pour the browned butter over pasta, or sliced cucumbers, with the fried sage leaves on the side.

The sage is crispy and salty - better than potato chips!

Lee

Attachments

• Ravioli with sage butter.JPG
    Ravioli with sage butter.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 1,239
  • Ravioli with browned butter and sage.JPG
    Ravioli with browned butter and sage.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 1,248

Leni

I'll have to try this tomorrow. I have spinach and cheese pasta along with a very large sage plant.

Squirrel

Mess Cook
Site Supporter
Great call man! I use browned butta and sage a good bit. Perfect on pasta. Love that nutty flavor. I grow sage for that and for Thanksgiving dinner. Thanks for the reminder, I want some.

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
It's a classic, and there is a reason it is: IT'S EFFING GOOD!

Basting a pork chop in browned butter and sage is my favorite application, but it work well for most anything.

Also, clarified butter, infused with sage and maybe walnuts if you like, mixed well with honey for a drizzle over cheese, fruits, and Charcuterie.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Had some leftover linguini, so just nuked it and poured the sage in browned butter over it.

So good!

Served with roasted acorn squash.

Lee

Attachments

• Linguini with browned sage butter.JPG
    Linguini with browned sage butter.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 1,184

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i adore sage, lee, namely in brown butter; TY-- so yummy w/ squash-- may well buy squash pseudo-pasta if i can find that--