Whatcha eatin' the week of Dec. 2 thru Dec. 8?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Last night we grazed on leftovers from the fridge. Tonight is gonna be meatloaf, scalloped potatoes and green beans.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Threw a Digornio pizza in the oven. Paper plates and except for the extra piece it is done.

Embryodad

Tina made it home from South Jersey...Barely! ... The car took a crap, and she had to nurse it home.
She was 2/3 here, and she was in dead stopped traffic on 287 (accident).
She went to go, and the check engine light came on, and the car was spittin and putttin... wee wee wee...all the way home.
I chext it with the reader..and Cylinder #6 was misfiring. Grrr!
Easy fix but the part won't be here till thursday! ++++ Praying!

She brought some ravioli and meatballs that she couldn't eat...so I noshed on a few.

I then made a Deetze and Watson Pickle & Pimento loaf cold cut sandwich. I ate that with gusto! I love p&p loaf.

Had some Tony Packos Sweet / Hot Pickles and peppers!
YUMMY!!! :wink:
pploaf001_zps6b0bd6e6.jpg

An An And...the tiny little kitties had Tongle Tuna appetizers that mommy was smashing fine so they don't hurt their milk teeth! PITA Cats!

geegeechestnut001_zpsd9e174ca.jpg

Last edited:

Leni

Tonight I am making Swiss steak with mashed sweet potatoes and a green veggie of some sort. For breakfast I picked some spinach and made a spinach and fresh mushroom omelet with some onion and parmesan cheese.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Tonight is baked riblets in BBQ sauce, macaroni salad and sweet potato fries with homemade sour cream, brown sugar & cinnamon dipping sauce. Pics to come later.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Baked riblets in BBQ sauce, macaroni salad and sweet potato fries with homemade sour cream, brown sugar & cinnamon dipping sauce.

Dinner120412.jpg

Embryodad

Baked riblets in BBQ sauce, macaroni salad and sweet potato fries with homemade sour cream, brown sugar & cinnamon dipping sauce.

Dinner120412.jpg
Looks great Joe...uh? ... What kind of macaroni's is that in the salad? .. Shells?..
oreccheitti? ( Little ears)

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I had steamed broccoli and pan seared catfish last night with a sauce that I just kind of concocted - green onions sauteed in butter, part of a can of cream of shrimp soup, little sherry, little red pepper...:cooking:...kind of a mix and taste sauce.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
DD #1's birthday on sunday so I made her beef and veggie stir fry with jasmine rice on the side. I used the Trader Joe Asian stir fry veggies you get in the produce section in a plastic container and they are good.

Monday night after work I had stove top grilled skirt steak and microwave steamed fresh baby spinach. (DD made tacos for family but I didn't want tacos. LOL)

Last night I had taylor ham and cheese on a toasted english muffin.

Tonight it will be chicken a la king, frozen green beans and rice.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Happy Belated Birthday to DD Peepers!

We had comfort food......baked chicken and gravy.

Attachments

• dinner12052012.jpg
    dinner12052012.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 244

Embryodad

DD #1's birthday on sunday so I made her beef and veggie stir fry with jasmine rice on the side. I used the Trader Joe Asian stir fry veggies you get in the produce section in a plastic container and they are good.

Monday night after work I had stove top grilled skirt steak and microwave steamed fresh baby spinach. (DD made tacos for family but I didn't want tacos. LOL)

Last night I had taylor ham and cheese on a toasted english muffin.

Tonight it will be chicken a la king, frozen green beans and rice.
Happy Birthday DD # 1.... from Jimmy & Tina in New Jersey 2!

Hope you had a great day!!... Taylor ham anytime for me peep.

I found that third Taylor (ShopRite Tangy ) in the freezer. It was staring me in the face!.....
Having it tomorrow on a Soft Thomas' Bagel with egg and cheese.

It;s getting cold again. Raw raw raw outside. Gonna light the pellet stove now!

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Had a shepherds pie the old neighbor lady made for the wife and I. Was good but very bland. I tend to spice my stuff while cooking it even the meat. A little grind of the pepper and Mrs.Dash took care of it.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Much better. Thank you for asking Jimmy. I think it must have been a touch of the flu. They say you can still get a milder version even with the flu shot.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
That was very nice of your neighbor MM.
We try to help her out and she returns the favor. Forgot to mention the cupcakes she sent long with peanut butter icing. Sorry you have been under the weather Mama. Everybody is sick and I sure ain't thrilled to have all the doc appointments this week. Got to give them their quota of blood and help pay for their kid's Christmas I guess.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thank you MM. I'm feeling much better now. I actually got a little Christmas shopping done today and even put the tree up. I didn't want to overdo it though so I'm going to wait to decorate it until tomorrow.

Embryodad

I was happy today...the part for the car came, and I had it from the mailmans hands, and in the car and running by the time the mailman left the street with his white jeep.

Tina made Pork Burgers... We ate that with applesauce and mashed butter lump inside mine potatoes. She made spinach but I didn't eat that.

DD was over today, and cleaned the house. She's a good kid!

Tina made a apple pie, and I will have some of that with ice cream later! OOooooo!!! Pie AlaMode.. Wow!!

Shermie

Site Supporter
Just made THIS this evening!

Chicken fried Rice with veggies. A one-pot meal!! :eating2:

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Happy Belated Birthday to DD Peepers!

We had comfort food......baked chicken and gravy.

Dag, Mama, that looks GOOD!! :eating2:

Attachments

• dinner12052012.jpg
    dinner12052012.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Just made THIS this evening!

Chicken fried Rice with veggies. A one-pot meal!! :eating2:
That looks great Sherm. We had pan fried cube steak and yellow rice for supper. Since there is an ice/freezing rain storm outside I might have to cook up a nice breakfast this morning.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Much better. Thank you for asking Jimmy. I think it must have been a touch of the flu. They say you can still get a milder version even with the flu shot.

yeah- they say the flu-shot may give kinda-flu symptoms. btw, cereal night. multi-grain cheerios. fruit.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Going to bake haddock loin with yellow rice and homemade apple sauce for supper.:readytoeat: Got a chuck roast out for the crockpot tomorrow.