Goulash

Johnny West

is on the menu tonight, at least that's what my mom called it. My gal pal from MN calls it Hot Pot. I made two, one with Morningstar Griller Crumbles and one with burger. The sauce shown here is the one with faux burger. I'll have more pictures later, eh?

FullSizeRender_32.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Johnny, I call it "American Chop Suey", and it was a staple growing up. Had it once a week in my grammar school cafeteria, and I still love it. My father likes his without anything tomato-ey in it.

You might try Ro-tel tomatoes next time, if you want hot.

There are several conversations about goulash and ACS on this forum. I don't think I've heard it call "Hot Pot" before.

Yours looks luscious!

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
Johnny, I call it "American Chop Suey", and it was a staple growing up. Had it once a week in my grammar school cafeteria, and I still love it. My father likes his without anything tomato-ey in it.

You might try Ro-tel tomatoes next time, if you want hot.

There are several conversations about goulash and ACS on this forum. I don't think I've heard it call "Hot Pot" before.

Yours looks luscious!

Lee

In OUR fam, Goulash is made with ground beef, tomato paste, kidney beans & rice. Our mom used to do it a lot when we were kids all home.

I made some about 2 weeks ago. My brother devoured what was left!! Hah!! Next time that I make some, I will post some pics of it, along with the recipe. :piesmiley1::eating2:

Johnny West

I've heard it called American Chop Suey and with beans and chili powder we called it Chili Mac. The rice version sound good, too. Tonight will be some leftovers and will freeze the rest for school lunches.

My school had goulash, as well, but my favorite was their tuna and noodles. My basketball coach told the lunch ladies to give me seconds. In those daysd I could eat like a horse - today I cook like I can still do that. :whistling:

Johnny West

I did Paleo Hungarian Goulash today using this recipe https://paleoleap.com/hungarian-beef-goulash/ but made a few changes - used two quarts of home canned tomatoes and no "bone broth". For meat I used the other half of beef shakes I didn't use in last week's chili.

After today's lobster rolls, then cheese and crackers for the cocktail hour, we only ate a little bit of the soup. It was excellent - will get a pic tomorrow.

Johnny West

I did this for lunch today. It is more of an Italian version and used Italian seasonings and marina for the sauce. It's quite easy and spiced it up with Tapatio. I used gluten free macaroni.

Attachments

• #####Goulash.jpg
    #####Goulash.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 999