Which Way Did It Go?

Ian M.

Last week there was a discussion on goulash (American Chop Suey) that included a simply super looking recipe with photos from - I think - Johnny West. I've looked everywhere I could think of trying to find that recipe, as I forgot to write it's location down the other day - but I simply can't find it anywhere in all the places that seemed logical. Could it be repeated? The only thing I clearly recall was that QSis commented on it, also and was impressed with the sound of it. Anyone remember? It would be a huge hit at the pub and would stretch a long way, as well. Thanks in advance.....................

Ian M.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Johnny West has not used the word goulash in a post this month from what I see in a quich search. He has used the word Chili. Could that be it?

Ian M.

Thanks, Lee - I checked out the link you included and it looks very familiar - the pot full of goulash post was in the same group, I'm reasonably sure. It may have been an old post from some time ago that got bumped at the time - I saw this at a crazy time for us and wasn't really paying a whole lot of attention to where it was or exactly when but it was for sure a "soup" goulash post that looked super good. I'm not even absolutely sure it was Johnny West who posted it but the name sounds right to me - I've seen his posts so often lately that it just registered with me at the time. Oh well - maybe I'll find something similar somewhere that will work at the pub. Thanks everyone, for helping me look for this.

Ian

Ian M.

Thanks, Kimchee - I'll check out these recipes and see how they work out.

Not quite the one I was recalling - which had several photos included, showing a step by step progression of the cooking and the result looked rather like a "soup" - lots of liquid. It really looked yummy to me at the time I saw it.

Ian M.

Yes, Lee, we certainly do serve Beef and Guinness Stew here - it's an Irish standard and an Irish tradition!! The recipe I use is one that has been used here for generations and throughout Ireland in just about every pub in the country...................I believe I posted it once on the forum as a matter of fact. I got it from my Dad and you actually didn't think there was quite enough ale in it, as I recall.

Ian

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I believe I posted it once on the forum as a matter of fact. I got it from my Dad and you actually didn't think there was quite enough ale in it, as I recall.

Ian

LOL! Geez, I dunno, Ian - that doesn't sound like me at all! :)

Lee

Ian M.

I posted my dad's recipe in May of last year - then, check out a comment made on August 4th of this year, questioning the amount of ale (6 1/2 oz) in the stew. Both the recipe and the funny comment made later are posted under "Beef and Guinness Stew".

I'm actually not quite as dumb as I may appear - although DW would disagree with that..................LOL