Beef & Mac

LADawg

Earlier in the week I was looking around for something that I had on hand to cook for lunch. I found a small package of ground beef in the freezer that I had put in there about a week or so ago. I didn’t have a recipe, but I did come up with a dish that was very tasty.
I did make notes of all of the ingredients that I used, but did not write down a recipe for the dish, While waiting to watch my number one ranked Mississippi State University Bulldogs play the University of Alabama on TV I did write down a recipe of what I used and how I cooked the dish.
This will make 4 to 5 medium size servings and you can feed people with a good tasting dish without spending an arm and a leg.
I hope you will give this a try and enjoy it.

GROUND BEEF with ELBOW MACARONI
2/3 Pounds Ground Beef, lean
Salt and fresh ground Black Pepper, to taste
1 Teaspoon Italian Herbs, or to taste
1/3 Cup Onion, finely chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
1 Can Tomato Sauce, 8 ounce size
1 1/2 Cups Elbow Macaroni, cooked and drained
1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
Place lean Ground Beef in a cold skillet and season with Salt, Black Pepper and Italian Herbs. Sauté over medium high heat until the Beef starts to change color. Add chopped Onions and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Add chopped Garlic and Sauté, while stirring, for another 2 minutes.
Stir in Tomato Sauce and stir to mix well. Add drained Elbow Macaroni and stir to mix. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes while stirring often. Sprinkle half of the Parmesan Cheese while stirring to mix.
Serve hot with remaining Parmesan sprinkled over each serving. Good with Garlic Bread and a Garden Salad.

Notes: 1. Use at least 80/20 ground chuck or leaner Beef.
2. More Parmesan Cheese may be used to sprinkle over each serving.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
LA, sounds like what I call "American Chop Suey" and others call "Goulash".

I, for one, grew up with this stuff and still love it!

BTW, although I'm not much of a college football fan, I hate that "roll tide" foolishness, so GO BULLDOGS! :)

Lee