Sunday 3/4/2012 What's cooking?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I am planning on making Asian style chicken wings, green beans & mushrooms and jasmine rice (maybe sesame noodles also).

What are your plans?

lilylove

We went out for what was supposed to be a WONDERFUL brunch.. t'was horrid! We'd planned on making that our main meal of the day but I could hardly eat any of mine. Eggs burnt on the bottom and raw on the top, fried potatoes that were totally without taste...just yuck. The ham was pretty good though. Paul had crab and eggs benedict. BORING! No flavor and canned crab. Even the coffee tasted like it had sat around for hours. http://www.willowslodge.com/wine_dine/barking_frog.html Menu looked great and we'd talked to others who'd been there and they loved it. Us, not so much. We won't go back. I never complain about our food but I did this time. We're pretty sure the waiter knew it was bad. Oh well, live and learn. ANYWAYS... now I need to come up with a dinner plan. Might just be soup from a can. LOL...it'll be better than brunch.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
chix broth w/ pasta & carrot cooked to mush, frozen jell-o, & gingerale to drink. yesterday's pizza was like a lump that refused to leave my stomach.

GotGarlic

I have chicken cacciatore simmering on the stove. I added a lot of onions and bell peppers, so I'm thinking of it as a one-pot meal. Will serve over spaghetti with garlic bread.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Asian style roasted chicken wings (marinated in soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, hot chili sesame oil, peanut oil, grated fresh garlic, grated fresh ginger and onion). Sides - fresh string beans & sliced mushroom caps stir fried (with soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, hot chili sesame oil, peanut oil, slivered fresh garlic and toasted sesame seeds), pineapple chunks and jasmine rice garnishes - soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, hot chili sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds and green onion.

030412_asian_chicken_wings_1090391.jpg

Since I can never resist really FRESH fish, just HAD to buy a nice pound filet of fresh skin-on Fluke at the market yesterday. Baked tonight with butter, lemon pepper, & fresh dill, & served with sauteed tiny baby zucchini & carrot batons, a commercial pasta side, & a green salad.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
made us a pot of the chix soup. lol, cloudy from so much sage. laden w/ minced garlic! my stomach's :)

Attachments

• IMG_34771210.jpg
    IMG_34771210.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 97