Sunday 2/19/2012 What's cooking?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I am going to make the pot roast I put off yesterday. Sides will be mashed taters, brussels sprouts (and maybe carrots) and the pot jus thickened.

Any plans?

Mr. Green Jeans

Great minds think alike Peeps! Pot roast in the DO at the MGJ compound tonight as well. Thinking a little Waldorf salad as well.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Great minds think alike Peeps! Pot roast in the DO at the MGJ compound tonight as well. Thinking a little Waldorf salad as well.
It's smelling the house up wonderfully. Beef, onions, mushrooms and burgundy wine YUM!!

GotGarlic

I'm planning to make smothered pork shoulder chops with lots of onions and brown gravy, to be served over egg noodles with roasted asparagus drizzled with balsamic glaze.

The packages of shoulder chops DH put together have more in them than I realized, so I browned half of them and have them simmering till shreddable in homemade jalapeno-tomatillo salsa from last summer. We'll have either tacos or enchiladas made with that tomorrow.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
This was my weekend to help DW get her work freezer stocked to feed the priests at the church she works at. She makes dinner two nights a week. I made 4 quarts of Cheeseburger Soup, 8 large stuffed peppers with ground turkey, and 10 breaded chicken cutlets for Chicken Parm. Theses are some of their favorite dinners, and they appreciate when I help add variety to their dinner menu.

I was on a roll making the cutlets today, so I pulled out more chicken so we could have chicken Parmesan with spaghetti for dinner. I also made a loaf of Italian bread and a loaf of pumpkin seed bread.

Dinner021912.jpg

Dinner021912-1.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
This was my weekend to help DW get her work freezer stocked to feed the priests at the church she works at. She makes dinner two nights a week. I made 4 quarts of Cheeseburger Soup, 8 large stuffed peppers with ground turkey, and 10 breaded chicken cutlets for Chicken Parm. Theses are some of their favorite dinners, and they appreciate when I help add variety to their dinner menu.

I was on a roll making the cutlets today, so I pulled out more chicken so we could have chicken Parmesan with spaghetti for dinner. I also made a loaf of Italian bread and a loaf of pumpkin seed bread.

Dinner021912.jpg

Dinner021912-1.jpg
BEAUTIFUL job Joe you did for the priests!! :applaus:

Wonderful dinner. Pass me a plate, a slice of each bread and the butter please.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Pot roast, micro steamed fresh Brussels sprouts, mashed butter & sour cream potatoes and beef, burgundy wine, onion & mushroom slightly thickened au jus gravy.

021912_pot_roast_P1090368.jpg

Guts

I tried a new formula for my dough. This is one uses 3 g of yeast and also has oil and honey. I think the honey accounted for the burning of the pizza. My pies usually cook 6 min., 30 seconds to 7 min. this one. I cooked for 6 min. and 45 seconds and it set the smoke alarm off. I believe the sugar content help it burn. I have another dough ball cold rising in the refrigerator. I'm going to try tomorrow and cook for 6 min. and take a look it may be a little under 6 min. .oh yeah the pizza was sausage, cheese and orange Bell pepper.

Here's the formula. If anyone is interested.

[FONT=&quot]King Arthur Bread Flour (100%):371.81 g | 13.12 oz | 0.82 lbs
Water (56.5%):210.07 g | 7.41 oz | 0.46 lbs
IDY (0.80%):2.97 g | 0.1 oz | 0.01 lbs | 0.99 tsp | 0.33 tbsp
Salt (1.5%):5.58 g | 0.2 oz | 0.01 lbs | 1 tsp | 0.33 tbsp
Vegetable (Soybean) Oil (7.3%):27.14 g | 0.96 oz | 0.06 lbs | 5.98 tsp | 1.99 tbsp
Honey (5%):18.59 g | 0.66 oz | 0.04 lbs | 2.66 tsp | 0.89 tbsp[/FONT]

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 173

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I tried a new formula for my dough. This is one uses 3 g of yeast and also has oil and honey. I think the honey accounted for the burning of the pizza. My pies usually cook 6 min., 30 seconds to 7 min. this one. I cooked for 6 min. and 45 seconds and it set the smoke alarm off. I believe the sugar content help it burn. I have another dough ball cold rising in the refrigerator. I'm going to try tomorrow and cook for 6 min. and take a look it may be a little under 6 min. .oh yeah the pizza was sausage, cheese and orange Bell pepper.

Here's the formula. If anyone is interested.

[FONT=&quot]King Arthur Bread Flour (100%):371.81 g | 13.12 oz | 0.82 lbs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Water (56.5%):210.07 g | 7.41 oz | 0.46 lbs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]IDY (0.80%):2.97 g | 0.1 oz | 0.01 lbs | 0.99 tsp | 0.33 tbsp[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Salt (1.5%):5.58 g | 0.2 oz | 0.01 lbs | 1 tsp | 0.33 tbsp[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Vegetable (Soybean) Oil (7.3%):27.14 g | 0.96 oz | 0.06 lbs | 5.98 tsp | 1.99 tbsp[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Honey (5%):18.59 g | 0.66 oz | 0.04 lbs | 2.66 tsp | 0.89 tbsp[/FONT]
Looks Good!! Where did you get your formula?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
guts, that pizza is gorgeous! i luv that u know it's a formula, not a recipe.

peepz, if u need it, i have that, just msg. me.

Guts

peeps
unfortunately I don't recall the exact post. I think it was some time ago that I found it and always wanted to try this formula. I got it at this site;
http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php
for the last two years I've been making sourdough pizza, which comes with the starter, which is made into a second starter and then into a flour and water mixture for a couple days and then the dough / quite a process... this formula. I made in the KA mixer after I made the pizza balls roughly 315 g each. I put them in containers with lids and let them rise at 70° for about four hours and they had almost tripled in size. I will say one thing about this formula that the dough is very easy to work with for beginners you can pull and stretch without it ripping a hole in it in that way I will call the dough very workable where the sourdough wants to stretch very easily and you have to be careful handling it. The reason it gives the percentage is so it can be made in different sizes meeting and a lot of dough for a small amount of dough. This formula is enough dough to make two pizza skins 12 to 14 inch round the smaller the pizza. The larger the thickness factor.

Thanks loves and peeps

loves it's 4:10 am in the morning your time. are you up early or going to bed late. LOL

Last edited:
I made the following last night, courtesy of a "Family Circle" recipe posted here by "CaliforniaCook". I followed it pretty much exactly, except I used one large (20 oz.) package of fresh Buitoni cheese ravioli, an 18-oz. package of turkey meatballs, no salt, crushed red pepper flakes instead of black pepper, & a lot more cheese (parmesan along with an shredded Italian-cheese combo). It really was delicious, & I have enough leftovers for another dinner & several lunches. Am thinking this would make a superb, inexpensive, & easy potluck offering.

Ravioli "Lasagna"
Recipe from Family Circle

This casserole recipe looks and tastes like lasagna, but requires only a fraction of the prep time. Cheese-filled ravioli and cooked turkey meatballs are ready to layer with the pasta sauce and cheese straight from the package.

Ingredients
savings in
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
· 1 jar (26 ounces) low-sodium pasta sauce
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 2 small zucchini (3/4 pound total), trimmed and cut into half moons
· 2 cups mushrooms, trimmed and quartered (from 10-ounce package)
· 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
· 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked turkey meatballs, quartered
· 2 packages (9 ounces each) light four- cheese ravioli (such as Buitoni)
· 1 bag ( 8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella

add ingredients to list

Directions
Heat oven to 375 F. In bowl, stir salt, pepper and sauce. Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Ladle 1/2 cup sauce over bottom.
In a large nonstick saute pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add zucchini, mushrooms and Italian seasoning. Cook, stirring, 5 minutes.
Scatter a third of the meatball pieces over sauce on bottom of pan. Top with one package ravioli, 1 cup vegetable mixture, 1 cup of the cheese and second third of the meatball pieces. Top with remaining ravioli, vegetables, meatballs, sauce and cheese. Cover with foil.
Bake at 375 F for 30 minutes. Uncover dish and bake 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.

Nutrition information
Calories 450, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 77 mg, Sodium 927 mg, Carbohydrate 47 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 27 g. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
California Cook

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
peeps
unfortunately I don't recall the exact post. I think it was some time ago that I found it and always wanted to try this formula. I got it at this site;
http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php
for the last two years I've been making sourdough pizza, which comes with the starter, which is made into a second starter and then into a flour and water mixture for a couple days and then the dough / quite a process... this formula. I made in the KA mixer after I made the pizza balls roughly 315 g each. I put them in containers with lids and let them rise at 70° for about four hours and they had almost tripled in size. I will say one thing about this formula that the dough is very easy to work with for beginners you can pull and stretch without it ripping a hole in it in that way I will call the dough very workable where the sourdough wants to stretch very easily and you have to be careful handling it. The reason it gives the percentage is so it can be made in different sizes meeting and a lot of dough for a small amount of dough. This formula is enough dough to make two pizza skins 12 to 14 inch round the smaller the pizza. The larger the thickness factor.

Thanks loves and peeps

loves it's 4:10 am in the morning your time. are you up early or going to bed late. LOL

hehe, i nary snooze. i'm awake sometimes fer daze. dunno why- i won't ingest caffeine or anything. even chocolate.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Pepper-crusted Filet - Roasted Taters, Sugar Snap Peas, Mushrooms Sauteed in butter and wine

010-4.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
THX, Luvs !
I wanted to put ketchup on the taters before the pic,
but the Warden wouldn't approve it ..........