Whats for Dinner Friday 16.

Carolina Cooking

wow its the middle of Sept already. Time flys.

I am going to have a Top Sirlion Steak ..:thumb::thumb: Wrapped in Bacon.

Sauted Mushrooms in lots of butter.:thumb:

Phiddlechik

Ribeyes for husband's birthday, baked potatoes...
Will be spending the day with son, he's getting his wisdom teeth removed today. He's had a hard week, broke his scapula and 3 ribs last weekend mountain biking in Colorado. Made him his steak last night. He'll probably have soup or a can of spaghetti-o's (yep).

Ugh - since I was up all night with thus ugly hacking cough/cold, I'm not making any dinner decisions until immediately before, since I have no idea how I'll be feeling. Most likely it will either be soup or something bland like plain baked chicken breast, etc., etc.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
The recipe I posted- I didn't use the celery at all.
Did use the celery salt, tho-
Subbed a whole green pepper for it.
It's actually very good.
Sampled it before I put some in my soup thermos.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
The recipe I posted- I didn't use the celery at all.
Did use the celery salt, tho-
Subbed a whole green pepper for it.
It's actually very good.
Sampled it before I put some in my soup thermos.
I usually just put onion in my chili but this time I am going to try onion and a green pepper.

Phiddlechik

Instead of just baked potatoes, I'm making a potato casserole, using up some french onion dip. Boiling potatoes now, will cool them, then grate and add the sour cream dip, some grated cheese, pepper. Not going to top it with crunchies this time because I want son to be able to eat some of it later.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Hope you get to feeling better Breezy.

Happy birthday Mr Phiddlechik! Your dinner sounds really good.

I finally figured out what to make. I have some chicken tenders marinating in Italian dressing/honey/lemon juice. I think I'll make some rice and broccoli to go with it.

Embryodad

Ribeyes for husband's birthday, baked potatoes...
Will be spending the day with son, he's getting his wisdom teeth removed today. He's had a hard week, broke his scapula and 3 ribs last weekend mountain biking in Colorado. Made him his steak last night. He'll probably have soup or a can of spaghetti-o's (yep).

OHhhh! P-chik.... Thoughts are with your son, and hope all goes well.
It will, and he will be a lot better every day.

The mouth is the only part of the body (including tongue and Gums) that is designed to heal quickly.
Teeth are the only thing that will not heal themselves like a cut or a irritation, but the supporting Gums and mouth will. That is a known Nature Fact...

Keep us informed how he is progressing. OK?

Embryodad

Oh! Dear! Bread & Beer.....I have no clue what to make for todays supper.

Breakfast was fried eggplant slices. I was up at 3 AM frying three sliced eggplants.

I was thinking of chili... and peep, I just started to add like 1/3 of a bell pepper diced small to my chili, but only at the last 40 minutes of slow slow simmer.
I don't like the peppers in chili wilted. Just a little hardness.

I basically use the "Original Chill-O" Mix by Frenches. I add one small piece of garlic for a boost, but only a small one. I add my own minced onions, and I sometimes add a Tbs. Of Cummin Powder.

I do make chili from scratch...but the anti spice Mommy T does not like the flavor and the heat (spice heat). Pansy girl she is!... L O L

Thinking of Heat....I know what to make.. Nice Grilled HOT Italian sausage, and peppers. Then simmered in tomatoes with my hot hot hot peppers.

I have no Clue what DW is going to want. Pizza crust in fridge, and maybe I will throw a mushroom pie together for her.
I made her a Tuna salad sammie for lunch, and she just had two small dips of Friendly's Death By Chocolate Ice Cream..

Oh! Well!...we will see....

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Grilled pimento cheese sandwich and probably some potato chips - I've got to get back in the cooking mode.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I haven't been much in a cooking mode either Cooksie. Too much other stuff going on I guess. I did cook dinner tonight...just something simple.

Attachments

• dinner09162011.jpg
    dinner09162011.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 118

Embryodad

Eggplant I made at 3 AM today..had that for breakfast.

Mommy wanted Pizza...so with the help of Pillsbury, and hunts sauce, I doctored one up and it came out OK!

3abcfb27.jpg

d432cd29.jpg

a5c8d4fc.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I haven't been much in a cooking mode either Cooksie. Too much other stuff going on I guess. I did cook dinner tonight...just something simple.
OH MAMA!! YUM what's in the rice? That chicken has a beautiful color.

Nancy-MD

Pchick, hope all is okay with your son's wisdom teeth removal. He surely has had his troubles lately. Speedy recovery on all counts!

Everyone's dinners looks and sounds delicious.

Peep, I put chopped onion, celery and green pepper in my chili.

I made chicken piccata with a lemon, caper, wine and butter sauce.

Attachments

• 9.16.11 chicken piccata 001.jpg
    9.16.11 chicken piccata 001.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 122
  • 9.16.11 chicken piccata 003.jpg
    9.16.11 chicken piccata 003.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 121

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Pchick, hope all is okay with your son's wisdom teeth removal. He surely has had his troubles lately. Speedy recovery on all counts!

Everyone's dinners looks and sounds delicious.

Peep, I put chopped onion, celery and green pepper in my chili.

I made chicken piccata with a lemon, caper, wine and butter sauce.
Beautiful plate Nan.

Phiddlechik

Thanks, everyone! He's actually feeling great, going to go down to a local restaurant/bar and perform with his sister tonight!
Me, I'm wiped out from all the worry!
Potatoes are in the oven, used swiss cheese, thought it would go well with the fr. onion dip. Sauteing baby bella mushrooms and onions for my steak.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Jimmy I missed your post. That eggplant and pizza look wonderful.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Chili (ground beef, onion, green bell pepper, dried New Mexico Anaheim pepper, my AP seasoning blend, chili powder, cumin, hot Hungarian paprika, McCormick Chili seasoning, crushed tomatoes and kidney beans) served over brown rice and topped with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and green onions.

091611_chili.jpg

cookingirl

Nancy, delish chicken picatta! great sauce!
Jimmy, love that pizza! as usual

Me --my supper consisted of fresh pick apple, monteray jack cheese, wheat crackers and a glass of Shiraz!
Happy Friday to all!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Peeps! I cook 1 cup of rice in 2 cups of chicken broth for 20 minutes and then add 2 cans of chicken with rice soup. Simple but good.

Nice looking pizza Jimmy!

Nancy, that looks delicious!

Great Peeps....now I want chili!

Glad to hear your son is doing so well.

Embryodad

Jimmy I missed your post. That eggplant and pizza look wonderful.
Haaaaaaaa.....That's ok peep... I forgot I posted it, and I was half way through a new same as post. It's a good thing the kitty caused me to scroll up when she was sloppying on the keyboard. I hate when she does that, but she means well.

You should have seen her snorting my knuckles as I type, as if I shoved my knuckles in ch!t... You know how they hold their mouth part open to get the scent over the olfactory glands. hahahahaha...I was like..Ah Ha.... I was cutting garlic, and I washed up with lemon soap, but she still smelled the garlic...I guess??

Embryodad

Chili (ground beef, onion, green bell pepper, dried New Mexico Anaheim pepper, my AP seasoning blend, chili powder, cumin, hot Hungarian paprika, McCormick Chili seasoning, crushed tomatoes and kidney beans) served over brown rice and topped with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and green onions.

091611_chili.jpg
Now peep...That's my idea of how to eat chili...

Haha Ha ...DW eats it on eggs in the morning for breakfast.Yuck!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Mama and Jimmy.

I will put a pint in the freezer for chili dogs down the line.

Embryodad

Beans, potato pancakes and stuffed cubanellas.

Dinner091611.jpg
Looks Great Joe....

My Mom used to make the beans like that once in a while. Bro and I liked the crunch, and it was a way that my brother would eat green beans without putting up a fuss.

Later in life...he could not get enough of vegetables. He just did a complete 180º.