More newb on the way

buckytom

Grill Master
wow norm, you have an amazingly linear memory. very logical, and cool. thanks for that.

i remember the guy but i can't recall much interaction with him.

bunyap

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! The registration problem was my fault since i used 2010 as my age. I am told that I don't look my age, but NO ONE would believe that I am under 10! lol! Remember the 5 year old who wanted to cook with Ina and she turned him down - maybe I was trying to top him!

Anyway, you have been very welcoming and speaking for me (and maybe my friends from the other site too) we appreciate that. This site is large and packed with info. I am very excited to be here. I will also say that when Peep mentioned coming here, I was intrigued because it is good to belong to more than one group, and I feel that Peep is/was a good reference. Those of us who have moved here like to post.

Norm, WELCOME! I am so glad you are ok! By, the way folks, Norm has a restaurant background and is very helpful and shares information freely. Good guy!

Think I will make a comment about Tourist, then let it be....he is probably his own enemy. A bright guy with the potential to bring alot of info to the forum, but he is too wrapped up in his own universe and appears to not be very interested in anyone's opinions other than to argue. There were lots of things about him that I found annoying but his answers and agitating comments were just too much for many of us and we began to respond to the posts. What was most upsetting to me was that we were scolded like children for not being accepting of a new member. Let me assure you, that was not the case. Anyway, he continued because he could until the masses rose up and voiced displeasure and apparently that was not appreciated by the moderators. Strangely enough, Tourist would brag about being banned from previous sites and that he would probably be banned from the new site, and in the next breathe he believed he would be made a moderator. Wow, see all the confusion?

Again, thanks for the welcome and open door!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Curiosity got the best of me so I looked up the threads you were referring to Norm, and found this quote:

...about Catherine Zeta-Jones. As most of know she recently went into the hospital for BP II, the same 'malady' that I have. (I actually enjoy the rush of a mania, but the blue periods wear on you. BTW, never play cards with a bipolar for money. Our synaptic responses are faster.)

Nuff said....

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
welcome nahmmie! (in my best cheers accent)

Excellent that you called that a "cheers accent", BT. Because no one in Boston pronounces "Norm" like Cliff did.

He pronounced it the way a Bostonian would pronounce "arm" or "harm"

Lee

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Excellent that you called that a "cheers accent", BT. Because no one in Boston pronounces "Norm" like Cliff did.

He pronounced it the way a Bostonian would pronounce "arm" or "harm"

Lee

LOL Lee!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! The registration problem was my fault since i used 2010 as my age. I am told that I don't look my age, but NO ONE would believe that I am under 10! lol! Remember the 5 year old who wanted to cook with Ina and she turned him down - maybe I was trying to top him!

Anyway, you have been very welcoming and speaking for me (and maybe my friends from the other site too) we appreciate that. This site is large and packed with info. I am very excited to be here. I will also say that when Peep mentioned coming here, I was intrigued because it is good to belong to more than one group, and I feel that Peep is/was a good reference. Those of us who have moved here like to post.

Norm, WELCOME! I am so glad you are ok! By, the way folks, Norm has a restaurant background and is very helpful and shares information freely. Good guy!

Think I will make a comment about Tourist, then let it be....he is probably his own enemy. A bright guy with the potential to bring alot of info to the forum, but he is too wrapped up in his own universe and appears to not be very interested in anyone's opinions other than to argue. There were lots of things about him that I found annoying but his answers and agitating comments were just too much for many of us and we began to respond to the posts. What was most upsetting to me was that we were scolded like children for not being accepting of a new member. Let me assure you, that was not the case. Anyway, he continued because he could until the masses rose up and voiced displeasure and apparently that was not appreciated by the moderators. Strangely enough, Tourist would brag about being banned from previous sites and that he would probably be banned from the new site, and in the next breathe he believed he would be made a moderator. Wow, see all the confusion?

Again, thanks for the welcome and open door!
Welcome to the family. I think you will really enjoy it here.

BTW We have several "venting" "pissed" threads to post whatever is bothering you at any time.

Grab a drink and sit a spell!!

Relax and enjoy and post often!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
OH & BTW

There are other folks over yonder we are NOT inviting :drama:
TeeHee I got a PM from someone (not a mod and not one I would have expected) telling me to relax and not stir the pot. AND I NEVER stirred any pot except on my own stove!! LOL All I wanted to know was what happened to Norm. My thread was deleted quicker than you could say Viola!

QuirkyCookery

Lol, after reading through this thread, I figure I might as well say hi here, too. I had some issues registering as well, but all good now, woo.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Glad you could make it! Welcome to NCT! Make yourself right at home. As you can see, we're a pretty fun bunch!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Lol, after reading through this thread, I figure I might as well say hi here, too. I had some issues registering as well, but all good now, woo.
Hello Quirky glad you said hello! Grab a beverage and set a spell!! I think you will enjoy it here.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I think 6 is all we have as of now. LOL
That is awesome peeps. We'll all do our best to make them feel right at home and hope they jump in and post whenever they get the urge.
Thanks for telling them about NCT peeps. :tiphat: :clap: :clap:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
That is awesome peeps. We'll all do our best to make them feel right at home and hope they jump in and post whenever they get the urge.
Thanks for telling them about NCT peeps. :tiphat: :clap: :clap:
You're welcome Doc. But it was purely selfish on my part!! I really think these are great people and wanted them to join me here!! LOL :whistle::clap::brows:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Well, it won't hurt to invite them. Maybe they'll come check it out. They're bound to like it :smile:

Carolina Cooking

how about that..GREAT.. Boy these folks are in for a treat..:w00t2::w00t2:

Attachments

• 707307.gif
    707307.gif
    13.3 KB · Views: 111

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I told him that there will be some very happy ladies waiting!! LOL