Saturday 4/21/2012 - pre Earth day - Well what on earth are you cooking.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I made five pounds of Kielbasa last night it went on the smoker at nine this morning. Sides are yet to decided.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Breaded pork chops, caeser salad and not sure what the starch will be.

Embryodad

I've got a hankerin for some French Toast. I've got some Texas Toast and plenty of bacon. Got whipped butter too!....Ummmmm!!

I doubt if DW will want that though?? I hear her in the living room eating jelly beans, and ruffling candy wrappers off of some kind of candy.
It Tics her off when all I do is peek around the corner and say,"Whats that crackling noise?? .. L O L ..

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
We had baked shrimp scampi, baked potatoes and salad. No pics of the salad and baked potatoes...I think you know what those look like but here's the baked scampi:

Attachments

• dinner04212012.jpg
    dinner04212012.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 441

Embryodad

We had shrimp and zucchini over rice.

I boiled the shrimp first, and then I peeled them and smashed them a bit all around with the tines of a fork. It made the texture more pleasant.

I just added the shrimp to the cooked zucchini and splashed it with some soy sauce.

5d2fb1c6.jpg

07f92b97.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Breaded boneless pork loin chop, microwave steamed and buttered fresh spinach, Caeser salad (Dole brand salad kit with fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses and anchovies added)

042112_pork_chop_spinach_caeser_P1090474.jpg

Root beer float (Trader Joe’s coffee ice cream) for dessert

042112_root_beer_float_P1090476.jpg

Embryodad

Breaded boneless pork loin chop, microwave steamed and buttered fresh spinach, Caeser salad (Dole brand salad kit with fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses and anchovies added)

042112_pork_chop_spinach_caeser_P1090474.jpg

Root beer float (Trader Joe’s coffee ice cream) for dessert

042112_root_beer_float_P1090476.jpg
Nice job on the chop. The rest also!

DWloves root beer floats..but she likes chocolate ice cream.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Breaded pork shoulder steak with home fries and salad. We love these juicy, flavor filled steaks.

Dinner042112.jpg

Have a pork shoulder all seasoned up and chillin' in the fridge. I'll pop it in the oven on 225F when I go to bed, and let it cook all night for pulled pork sammies for Sunday dinner. Also have the sweet coleslaw marinating in the fridge.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Delicious looking dinners everyone!

Ooooooo......now I want a Root beer float! Come to think of it, I do have some A&W Root beer and some frozen vanilla yogurt in the freezer!!!!! Thanks Peepers!!! I'm gonna put a couple of cans of root beer in the freezer so it will be good and cold for the 7th inning stretch of the Braves game!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Jimmy and Mama.

You're welcome Mama!

Joe I see you got the breaded pork memo. Seems no one else did. LOL Looks YUMMY!! :applause:

Last edited:

Leni

I spatchcocked a chicken and am smoking it with cherry wood. I'll make some potato salad and do something with brussle sprouts or broccoli.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i put a roast in the crockpot last nite & it's definately ready to be made into french dips. blake made loaded fries. pix to follow. i forgot the scallions @ the store, oh well.

Embryodad

i put a roast in the crockpot last nite & it's definately ready to be made into french dips. blake made loaded fries. pix to follow. i forgot the scallions @ the store, oh well.
Sounds good luvs..

uh!..? What are French Dips? and Loaded fries? I just never heard of that stuff.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thanx, jimmy! french dips- basically roast cooked really tender, then the hoagie bread partially or fully submerged in the jus the meat cooked in. (i stretch my jus w/ stock or the beef base in the plastic or glass container & season it heftily w/ whole cloves of garlic & granulated garlic, sage, granulated onion , etc. halved onion- that's just me, tho).

the fries- i fry a batch of thin/med.-cut fries, drain/season & all that good stuff, then place shredded cheese like cheddar & cooked bacon, etc. over & bake to melt cheese. we dip in sour cream & spicy ranch-(just a 'lil frank's added to bottled. or leave it plain.). if ur not me & actually get scallions like u meant 2, toss those on post-baking. plenty of variations.:readytoeat:

the sammich: i couldn't take a pic of blake's- i gasped/screamed in horror as i watched him pour a-1 onto his sammich & said, 'i can't take a pic of that!', & when i saw the bartender's face collapse in disappointment when i said i made the roast, tho after i made my own, there probably wouldn't be enough remaining to bring her, i decided to freeze my portion for her.

pic of the fries, tho:

Attachments

• IMG_37701351.jpg
    IMG_37701351.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 397

Embryodad

thanx, jimmy! french dips- basically roast cooked really tender, then the hoagie bread partially or fully submerged in the jus the meat cooked in. (i stretch my jus w/ stock or the beef base in the plastic or glass container & season it heftily w/ whole cloves of garlic & granulated garlic, sage, granulated onion , etc. halved onion- that's just me, tho).

the fries- i fry a batch of thin/med.-cut fries, drain/season & all that good stuff, then place shredded cheese like cheddar & cooked bacon, etc. over & bake to melt cheese. we dip in sour cream & spicy ranch-(just a 'lil frank's added to bottled. or leave it plain.). if ur not me & actually get scallions like u meant 2, toss those on post-baking. plenty of variations.:readytoeat:

the sammich: i couldn't take a pic of blake's- i gasped/screamed in horror as i watched him pour a-1 onto his sammich & said, 'i can't take a pic of that!', & when i saw the bartender's face collapse in disappointment when i said i made the roast, tho after i made my own, there probably wouldn't be enough remaining to bring her, i decided to freeze my portion for her.

pic of the fries, tho:
OMG..luvs.. that looks awesome..

Now I remember the French Dip.. I saw that on one of the cooking shows on the TV. Thanks for the my / mind refresher! ~

UGggggg on the A-1 steak sauce. Maria's X would soak his steaks and sammiches in that. And he would put that on eggs too! I cringe just thinking of it!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thanx~ blake made that batch of fries.

yeah, i like a-1. in moderation on a steak.
he put it on eggs!:ohmy: cringe.

Embryodad

thanx~ blake made that batch of fries.

yeah, i like a-1. in moderation on a steak.
he put it on eggs!:ohmy: cringe.
Yeah! Her X was a weird eater. He would eat a whole container of sour cream with a spoon, and then sometimes a whole big jar of peanutbutter same way....with a spoon, and till it was all gone! Yuck!

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Breaded pork shoulder steak with home fries and salad. We love these juicy, flavor filled steaks.

Dinner042112.jpg

Have a pork shoulder all seasoned up and chillin' in the fridge. I'll pop it in the oven on 225F when I go to bed, and let it cook all night for pulled pork sammies for Sunday dinner. Also have the sweet coleslaw marinating in the fridge.

Nice!