Gold Site Supporter
For the egg pasta dough

3 eggs
1 1/2 cup semolina flour
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
3T olive oil
2t salt
warm water as needed

Blend the flours and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Add the oil and eggs and pulse till it forms a soft ball. Add warm water in tiny increments if necessary. Transfer it to a floured board and knead for a couple of minutes. Wrap and let rest half an hour before rolling it.

I used 2/3 of the dough, and froze the rest. I rolled it to #6 on the machine, and got enough to make 30 manicotti.

Cut the dough to 4" squares and boil for 2 minutes in salted water. Transfer to a cold water bath to chill enough to handle. Wipe with a clean cloth or paper towels to remove excess moisture before filling and rolling.

Filling
2# ricotta
1 egg
1/4 c grated parmesan
1/4 c chopped fresh parsley (don't use dried)
1t fresh cracked pepper

Put scant quarter cup filling on pasta sheet and roll. Place seam side down in baking dish. A little sauce on the bottom of the dish is a good idea. Top with more sauce but don't overload it. Sprinkle more grated cheese, fresh cracked pepper, then top with fresh mozzarella slices. Bake half an hour.
Octoberdining063.jpg

Octoberdining065.jpg

Octoberdining066.jpg

Octoberdining067.jpg

Octoberdining068.jpg

Octoberdining079.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hold on, I'm on my way to 1313 Mockingbird Lane.

Please chill a cocktail glass for me.

Lee

suziquzie

I do believe I have to go steal the pasta machine I gave my Dad for Christmas a few years ago :)
wonderful!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Thank you Vera.

I just aquired a pasta machine and had several questions, which you have answered.

The only recipe that I found for pasta was for starting with a pile of flour and doiing it by hand. The food processor method will save me a lot of time.

Thar recipe also called for only AP flour and I really thought Semolina was needed. Then I wondered if all semolina or part semolina. You have answered that as well.

I also wondered if you could cook the pasta as soon as it was made and it seems that you can.

Finally, I never even thought of freezing it and really like that idea. I can make a bunch of dough and just defrost what I need and always eat homemade pasta.

Oh! BTW - Love the recipe - I will try it - Was the sauce home made as well?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Without sounding too much like a snob........yes, my sauce is always homemade.
I love working with pasta dough. It's the kind of thing I like doing on weekends in the colder months. It can turn into an all day affair if you play your cards right.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I suspected that it is. You have now fallen into my trap (LOL) I can ask if you would mind sharing. It looked to be a marinara and I do not have a good recipe for that.