Food Network show Food Detectives

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
I watched this show twice and it was HORRIBLE. It seems it might have been geared for children but by far the worst part of the show is the Host Ted Allen. This guy is just crappy. Why ANYONE picked him to host something is far beyond my understanding. It seems that Im not alone:

http://www.seriouseats.com/2008/08/...es-food-network-tv-new-york-times-review.html

Posted by Hannah Howard, August 5, 2008 at 4:15 PM
tedallenfnfododetectives.jpg

The New York Times is unimpressed with Ted Allen's new Food Network show, Food Detectives, with unkind words for the "owlish" and "oddly peripheral" Top Chef judge: "You can call it the Ted Allen Rule: the best qualification for being a reality host or judge is having been a reality host or judge."
By coining this rule, critic Mike Hale questions Allen's credentials to judge on Top Chef, and whether having Queer Eye on his resume was enough to land him the Top Chef gig to begin with.
The show's segments on baking soda (do they really make our fridge smell better?) and celery (negative calories in there?) are called "thuddingly unsurprising." The review even takes a dig at the Food Network, bemoaning its downward spiral:
Those who complain that the Food Network’s best days are in the not-too-recent past... will only feel more disillusioned after watching Food Detectives.
The second episode of Allen's Bill Nye-reminiscent food science show will air tonight at 9 p.m. EST, with topics including: the sanitary impact of double-dipping chips and ginger's role in preventing motion sickness.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I like Ted Allen but the concept of the show is just plain B-O-R-I-N-G......ugh