What's Cooking Sunday March 17 -> Saturday March 23

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Went food shopping this morning. Lunch was rotisserie chicken, mashed (Hungry Jack) and gravy.

chicken_mashed_gravy_031719_IMG_5514.JPG

Dinner will likely be corned beef.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Went food shopping this morning. Lunch was rotisserie chicken, mashed (Hungry Jack) and gravy.

View attachment 31110

Dinner will likely be corned beef.

Well change of plans :sad:. Water heater issues. DD's and hub will be getting subs. I think I'll have Lipton chicken noodles soup with some leftover chicken from lunch. I'll make the corned beef in a few days.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I had a shrimp and parmesan topped sirloin, with garlic mash and broccoli.

The steak was the size of the palm of my hand, the broccoli had lots of yellow and brown spots, I sent it back for a side salad that came to the table watery, so they offered me coleslaw or garlic green beans.
I chose the slaw.

:rolleyes::angry:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i bought strip steak, & hafta borrow an egg via my pal, & may go so far as to make taters/haricot vert w/ buerre noisette --

he won't answer-- special k/strawberry & organic horizions milk is sufficient~~ 'specially once i've got my newest wine-key opener, open-- neuropathy sux, lemme say~~

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'm passing on dinner tonight.
My bug is beginning to take on a whole other level.
Appetite = zero

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Meatless Monday. DD requested a replay of tuna casserole. So dinner was tuna casserole (topped with toasted buttery panko crumbs), steamed asparagus and cornbread.

tuna_casserole_031819_IMG_5519.JPG

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We had spanikopita filling and tzatziki left from the other night so I decided to make stuffed chicken breasts with roasted Greek potatoes and sauteed spinach.

Attachments

• 2019-03-18 19.58.00.jpg
    2019-03-18 19.58.00.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 152

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
ill have my new addiction of steak & dippy egg-- milk,& pabst, thenbuy yet anothernew keyboard-- me & keyboards; we're @ odds--

brekkie is special k-- stwrabberrry-& organic horizons vanilla milk--

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm planning on cheater stuffed shrimp for tonight. I bought some jalapeno crab poppers after Q-Sis suggested them. I couldn't find the same brand but found some SeaPak beer battered jalapeno crab poppers. When I tasted them, I thought...hmmm, tastes like deviled crab.

So tonight I'm going to butterfly some shrimp, cook the poppers half-way and then split them to make a stuffing for the shrimp. I'm also planning on saffron rice and some steamed asparagus. Hope this works :)

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, MY !
Sounds like a plan, Cooksie !!

Can't wait to see the result !

Fish and Chips tonight !

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
I'm planning on cheater stuffed shrimp for tonight. I bought some jalapeno crab poppers after Q-Sis suggested them. I couldn't find the same brand but found some SeaPak beer battered jalapeno crab poppers. When I tasted them, I thought...hmmm, tastes like deviled crab.

So tonight I'm going to butterfly some shrimp, cook the poppers half-way and then split them to make a stuffing for the shrimp. I'm also planning on saffron rice and some steamed asparagus. Hope this works :)

Oh, MY !
Sounds like a plan, Cooksie !!

Can't wait to see the result !

Fish and Chips tonight !

Sounds like a GREAT plan! :thumb:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
saco de cerdo con frijoles rojos y arroz y patatas y maiz

It was supposed to have green olives in it too, but neither of us can stand them.
Aimee suggested a cup of frozen corn.
It's got pulled pork, jalapenos,adobo, sofrito, cumin, garlic, and onion.
20190319_174914-768x768.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Veggie burger with homemade herbed focaccia and homemade chips. There are 6 different veges plus a couple of herbs, and 2 cheeses.

Attachments

• 2019-03-19 18.37.26.jpg
    2019-03-19 18.37.26.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Dinner was pan fried thin, boneless rib eye steak and mac and cheese topped with toasted panko crumbs.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's Fish & Chips (Oven Fish, Air Fryer Chips)

I attempted Creamed Peas, but neglected to research.... sauce broke !!

Maybe cold peas into warm sauce did it ??
Warm Sauce over Warm Peas ...... I dunno !

Fish & Chips.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
The Rusty Pelican salad I've mentioned before, shrimp, hard-boiled eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, with a honey mustard dressing.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night Air-Fryer Drumsticks, Garlic Mashed & Gravy, Steamed Green Beans w/ Cheese and Bacon ...

ChickenDrumsticks .jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
That's what I'm making tonight, Lucky.
Half the drumsticks will be corn flake crust, the other half seasoned with herbs and spices.

Last edited:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I almost did a crazy thing last night.... I have this bag of 'Shrimp Fry' mix.... I've had it forever, so I brought it out, thinking, "How would this be on a Drumstick??"..... then I lost my nerve and put it back lol:WitchBrewsSmiley:

IMG_7524.jpg

This Rib-Eye is on Deck for tonight..... whether Grilled, Pan-Fried or marinated is still undecided...

IMG_7521.jpg