2019 Thanksgiving Menu

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
2019 Thanksgiving.jpg

This is the rough menu at this time. Things may change due to availability/price and my energy levels. LOL I make small amounts of each appy and veggie (about 8 servings of each, enough for seconds) so as not to have much leftovers (main meal and possibly a second leftover meal).
I may make small/mini pies (TBDL).

Appetizers

Cream Cheese, Green Olive and Walnuts Poppers
Marinated mushrooms
Stuffed Mushrooms

Entrée

Roasted Turkey
DD's Green bean Casserole
Brussels Sprouts
Asparagus
Baked Carrots
Creamed Pearl Onions
Sweet Potato & Acorn Squash
Mashed Turnip Root, Red and Yukon potatoes
Stuffing
Sautéed mushrooms
Turkey Gravy
Cranberry/Tangerine Relish
Homemade Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce

Dessert

Apple pie
Pumpkin pie
Homemade Whipped cream

Beverages

Soda
Sparkling cranberry apple cider
Trader Joe's Apple Cider (Honey crisp and/or spiced)
Coffee/Tea

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'm working Thanksgiving Day.
I've been told they put on a fabulous dinner.
We shall see.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
today while shopping, perused the Butterball turkeys on the way to thinking about one for Thanksgiving....

nothing but big turkeys - $70 for a turkey.... ah, gotta' work on this one a bit....

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No surprises, same as every year.

Fresh turkey
Sausage/bread stuffing
Mashed potatoes
Gravy
Green beans with sauteed mushrooms
French fried onions (Durkee)
Jellied cranberry sauce
Olives and celery dish

I might make a dessert this year, but no one ever wants it after dinner.

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We have a free 21 lb. turkey in freezer & a will pick up a free 7 lb. turkey breast next week (will be used for New Year's turkey sandwiches).

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I am making my Thanksgiving sides ahead of time so I can just roast turkey and reheat sides on T-say.
Does anyone have a link to or a PDF timetable (with heating instructions) guide line? TIA

Last edited:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We bought a whole duck and a fresh turkey. I'll be breaking them both down and using parts for different things. Duck breasts will be wrapped and frozen. Legs will be confited for a cassoulet later.

Our menu will be:

Turducken roulade made with thigh meat, with a bacon lattice, smoked with cherry chunks with 1 of the turkey breasts. Other breast will be roasted in oven.

2 stuffings/dressings, one wild rice and dried cherry based, the other bread crumb and raw andouille sausage based, some of each will be in the roulade and rest will be on side

Sweet potatoes made in the style of Bananas Foster, it's something Craig came up with 1 year.

Brussel sprouts cooked some way, we haven't decided yet.

Gravy made with stock from Turkey carcass, wings and legs, and duck wings. There will also be pug treats involved after cooking...:clap:

Homemade rolls of some kind.

I'm going to try reverse spherification to make caviar/pearls with cranberry/cherry juice for a nontraditional cranberry dish.

Don't really have a dessert planned, but was thinking about making some cookies with almond butter and cacao nibs.

Last edited: