Chicken and Dumpling Casserole

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This was pretty good, but as one reviewer said, it's more like a moist chicken pot pie than chicken with dumplings.

I used 4 chicken breasts, poultry seasoning instead of just dried sage, and used beef boullion since that's all I had. Oh, yeah, I sautéed a package of sliced mushrooms and added that. I think I'd leave them out next time, since they kind of overpowered the other flavors.

It made a LOT!

It's easy enough and I liked it enough to make it again.

Lee

Chicken and Dumpling Casserole http://77easyrecipes.com/chicken-dumpling-casserole/

3 boneless chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
2 c chicken stock (from boiling breasts above)
1 stick butter
2 c milk
1 can cream of chicken soup
3 tsp wylers chicken granules
1/2 tsp dried sage (or poultry seasoning)
1 tsp black pepper and salt as desired
2 c bisquick

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place boneless, skinless chicken breasts in sauce pan with enough water to cover the chicken. Bring to a boil, then turn off the heat; place a lid on your pot and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes to finish cooking.​

Remove chicken from stock (reserve the stock) and allow to cool, then shred the chicken.​

When building the layered casserole, do not mix the layers.
Layer 1 – In 9×13 or larger casserole dish, melt 1 stick of butter. Spread shredded chicken over butter. Sprinkle black pepper and dried sage over this layer.
Layer 2 – In small bowl, mix milk and Bisquick. Slowly pour over chicken.
Layer 3 – In medium bowl, whisk together 2 cups of the chicken stock (strained, if needed), chicken granules and soup. Once blended, slowly pour over the Bisquick layer.
Bake until the top is golden brown- approx. 50-60 minutes.​

Attachments

• Chicken and Dumpling casserole.JPG
    Chicken and Dumpling casserole.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 991
  • Chicken and dumpling casserole, plated.JPG
    Chicken and dumpling casserole, plated.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 991
Last edited: