Monday 2/20/2012 What's cooking?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
DD wants to make french toast for dinner. Shop-Rite has strawberries, blueberries on sale. Plus we have bananas. So they will be on or next to the french toast. I will make mine when I get home from work.

Any plans?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well seeing as how President's Day is one of our holiday I made 6 qts of my pasta sauce which is on cooking now and my wife put on a big pot of gumbo for dinner. So it has been a busy day in my little kitchen.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm hanging w/ my new guy tonite, he just called, so im'ma see if he would like to order food. preferably aisan, tho i could cook for us.

Embryodad

Guess What???

Jimmy Ate.. Cluck Cluck today!!

Yep... Tina got a recipe for extra dry and crispy wings.. from a friend, and I made them.
these were bigger wings so I baked them longer than it says.

Wings coated with oil / onions chopped / potatoes cut / salt / pepper / and garlic powder.

Baked in a Corning ware pan for 1 hour and 5o minutes (I like Dry )

df8f8858.jpg

Mr. Green Jeans

Lentil & kale (although I subbed chopped spinach) soup with avocado, tomato, sprouts and cream cheese on toasted wheat sammies. Guess it is a meatless Monday.

Leni

I made meatballs with mushroom soup and onion. A lot of cinnamon, some nutmeg and cloves. Then I made peas with chocolate mint. The baked beets were not ready so we'll have them tomorrow. Instead of rice I used quinonoa. Very tasty and much better for a diabetic DH instead of rice.

Last night we had quicky "Loaded Potatoes" for supper. Market had HUGE Idaho baking potatoes, so I bought 2, nuked them until perfectly baked through, opened them up, slathered them with butter, then piled them high with turkey chili, shredded cheddar cheese, pico de gallo-style salsa, & sour cream. VERY filling & VERY delicious.

Ronjohn

Sheila didn't know what to make so I scrounged around the kitchen and came up with pork cutlets topped with roasted red peppers and sun dried tomatoes served with pasta tossed with sauted garlic, basil, oregano, and grated parmesan. Turned out pretty will for an off the cuff effort of about 40 minutes.

Attachments

• 022012_Dinner.jpg
    022012_Dinner.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 101

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Sheila didn't know what to make so I scrounged around the kitchen and came up with pork cutlets topped with roasted red peppers and sun dried tomatoes served with pasta tossed with sauted garlic, basil, oregano, and grated parmesan. Turned out pretty will for an off the cuff effort of about 40 minutes.
That looks wonderful

Guts

Made a real simple Q & E supper, Louisiana hotlink, cottage cheese with Lawry's seasoned salt. Can corn butter. S&P and fruit cocktail with a few extra cherries. Glass of milk to drink

Attachments

• 2 22 12 001.jpg
    2 22 12 001.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 85