Wednesday, 1/19/2011, Whats cooking?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Mushroom tomato sauce over spinach pasta and steamed baby spinach.

You?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Whatever they're serving in the kitchen at work.
I think today is ham and sweet potatoes-- it's always good.

K

Kimchee

Salmon burger sliders with wasabi mayo and avocado slices.
Tater tots and a ginger dressing salad.

lilylove

We are going to a play tonight...so... Paul will eat at work and I'll just have a bowl of cereal or a soft boiled egg. :)

GotGarlic

My friends and I have switched dinner out night to Wednesdays, so we are heading to a Greek place tonight. I'm planning on a Greek salad and Pegasus wings (grilled wings with their house seasoning).

SilverSage

Resident Crone
That sounds so good. I can't wait!!

I have never made a strudel. I always wanted to but never got around to it.

Sure you have! You make beautiful little individual spinach strudels. Spanikopita is basically a strudel. Many layers of dough, rolled, folded or layered around either a sweet or savory filling.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
So sorry you have to head back to work, Sass...I have a pot of minestrone soup on the stove and foccacia bread rising.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
DH requested homemade Potato Soup so he'll have that and I'll have Progresso Split Pea Soup since he doesn't particularly care for split pea soup.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Sure you have! You make beautiful little individual spinach strudels. Spanikopita is basically a strudel. Many layers of dough, rolled, folded or layered around either a sweet or savory filling.
Thank you SS.

Why have I always thought a strudel was a long "log" or "loaf" shape?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Mushroom tomato sauce over spinach tagliatelle topped with fresh grated Romano & parmesan cheeses and steamed & buttered baby spinach.

011911_spinach_tag_mushroom_sauce_spinach.jpg

011911_mushroom_sauce.jpg

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
We are celebrating my 2nd day back to school and Work!
A whole month vacation was very enjoyable,

olive_garden_logo_hr.jpg

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Peeps, your dinner looks gorgeous as always - beautiful color. That spinach looks so good. And SS, I want some of the mushroom strudel! And what are those dark things in your beautiful salad? Sun dried tomatoes? TRUFFLES?

I made a pot of minestrone soup - I always add too much stuff and it gets too thick, but it was good. And I really loaded up the foccacia bread with sun-dried tomatoes and olives, onions, dried basil, parmesan and sea salt. Pretty good dinner - we always share a bit of our dinner with the dogs, and they were a little suspicious of all those vegetables at first, but then sniffed out the little bit of bacon that was in there and gobbled it up.

Attachments

• DSCF1025.jpg
    DSCF1025.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCF1042.jpg
    DSCF1042.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 147

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Karen. Your dinner looks fantastic!! I would love a bowl of that soup and a nice piece of that awesome bread!!

That was fresh baby spinach chopped and steamed then squeezed dry and buttered. I chopped and steamed 4 bags and what you see on my plate was about a 1/4 of it (about 1/2 cup). LOL

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Very simple dinner...soup, salad and homemade bread. Hit the spot on a dreary Winter day in NE Ohio.

P1030148.jpg

buckytom

Grill Master
outstanding work peeps, ss, karen, and joe!! :applause:

dw made broiled salmon, steamed stringbeans, and baked spuds tonight.

2011-01-19_17-26-49_69.jpg

then, i took the leftover skin and bits of salmon and fried it crisp for a snack. we rolled the fried skin in small sheets of roasted laver.

here's the salmon "cracklin's':

2011-01-19_17-57-30_537.jpg

dessert was korean honey rice cookies:

2011-01-19_18-08-12_436.jpg

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I actually got to make dinner last night, sorry, I do not have pix.

I was going to be alone and Cod is not DW's fish of choice, and I really like it, so I stopped by the store to pick up some Cod. they did not have any, but, they did have Pollock. I got a fillet, a russet potato and some salad fixins. I uses yellow corn meal, Italian seasonings and some old bay to flour it in. I used my new mandolin and thin sliced the potato and put it in at 450 to oven fry. When it was nearly done, I plopped the fish in the fry pan and made a small salad. On the way out of the kitchen I spied an open bottle of red wine. That rounded it off nicely.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Bucky. Your dinner looks wonderful Bucky.

Andy - I also like fried cod. Your dinner sounds yummy!!

Leni

Every now and then Vons has a whole pork loin at 1/2 price. I cut it into smaller roasts that we can eat in a day or two. They get vacuum sealed and then into the freezer. Today I roasted the last one and in a separate dish roasted potatoes in EVOO with rosemary salt and pepper. DH came home with lima beans saying we hadn't had those for a long time so I cooked those instead of the spinanch salad that I was going to make. Made gravy with the pork drippings and drizzled that over the potatoes and meat. .