Chilean Miners

Phiddlechik

Are any of you watching the rescue? It is nerve-wracking! The 2nd Chilean miner is about to reach the surface!!! I hope and pray they all make it!
and he's up!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
We've had CNN on all evening. With so many things going wrong in the world, it is a wonderful privilege to watch this, along with more than a billion people worldwide.

mhend

This is so incredibly wonderful!!! What brave people. I don't know that I could have handled that situation as well as they have.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This is so incredibly wonderful!!! What brave people. I don't know that I could have handled that situation as well as they have.

Me either, mhend! These guys are amazing!

I just heard that during the first 17 days they were down there, without any outside contact, they made their rations last that whole time. The rations were for 48 hours!!

Looking forward to the movie! :)

Lee

smoke king

Banned
Been following this since it started-what an uplifting story! A true triumph of the human spirit. Just goes to show what people are capable of when pushed to the limit. Fingers crossed that the rescue continues to go well.

And I'm with you Lee-looking forward to the inevitable movie!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Been following this since it started-what an uplifting story! A true triumph of the human spirit. Just goes to show what people are capable of when pushed to the limit. Fingers crossed that the rescue continues to go well.

And I'm with you Lee-looking forward to the inevitable movie!
Well said SK. I agree 100% :thumb:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Jerry (who never watches TV and didn't even own one for 25 years) has been riveted to the TV all day. Right after Number 28 came up, our TV quit. Just stopped working. So, we watched it live on the computer instead. The brief ceremony following the final miner's ascent was very moving. I'm impressed that the Chilean president was there the whole time, to welcome each miner. Wonderful ending to what could have been a very tragic story.

Phiddlechik

It was amazing.
I spilled coffee on my computer... so it quit working and I had to keep CNN on!
I'm sending the computer to a licensed service repair... it's only 2 months old! (Using my husband's laptop... no coffee)