Garden Alfredo with Chicken

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I made this, partly because I had almost everything already!

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/garden-alfredo-chicken

I used the white meat from a rotisserie chicken, which made it even easier. And four small squashes.

Great dish! I particularly loved the pappardelle pasta, which I'd never had before!

Lee

Garden Alfredo with Chicken (from Cooking Light)
Ingredients

• 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 5/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
  • Cooking spray
  • 6 ounces uncooked pappardelle pasta
  • 2 medium zucchini
  • 2 medium yellow squash
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil

• 5 ounces thin asparagus spears, trimmed
  • 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
  • 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
  • 3/4 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup half-and-half
  • 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
  • 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
  • 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves

Preparation

1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Cut chicken across the grain into thin slices; keep warm. Reserve drippings in pan.
2. While chicken cooks, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.
3. Cut each zucchini and squash in half crosswise. Cut 1/2-inch slices from outer "walls" of zucchini and squash; discard cores. Slice pieces lengthwise into thin strips.
4. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl. Add zucchini, squash, asparagus, and bell pepper; sauté 3 minutes. Sprinkle with 3/8 teaspoon salt. Add garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
5. Combine broth, half-and-half, and flour; stir with a whisk. Add broth mixture to reserved drippings in skillet. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add cheese; stir until cheese melts. Add pasta, vegetables, and chicken; toss. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and parsley.

Asparagus and red pepper

Asparagus and red pepper.JPG

Summer squash and zucchini

Summer squash and zucchini.JPG

Garden Alfredo with Chicken

Garden Alfredo with Chicken.JPG

Served with my first Cherokee Purple tomato (FABULOUS flavor!)

First Cherokee Purple tomato.JPG