Whats Cooking NCT Sun 10/26 to Sat 11/6/2014

Embryodad

Today ( thursday ) Tina has a big pot of chicken soup cooking on the stove; and special for her, and her alone, there are chicken feet in the soup.

I will NOT eat that soup! Uh! Uh!....No Way!!

:WitchBrewsSmiley:

Embryodad

Yesterday, we had Pork Ribs BBQ in the oven, slow and low.
While that was cooking, I made a Corned Beef transformation into a Pastrami.
Scads of peppercorns ground course, and coriander seeds. Tightly wrapped in foil, and in the oven for 5 hours 250º.

Got some Rye Bread from the A&P up on top of the hill. Seeded with caraway. I love it!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
dipped into JIF while lookin' over my food stash. a salad i made @ 'iggle, w/ several lettuces, fruits, almonds, wheatberries, feta/bleu cheeses, berry vinaigrette & greek yogurt dressing, etcetera.

(herbed) deli turkey {so yummy- they use actual, unprocessed roast turkey brst. & i get thick-sliced, so none of that slimy, texture-less stuff- better than holiday turkey!} & cheddar w/ a b&l mustard.

2 organic horizon milks, & an ensure.

& spinach/cheese ravioli w/ 'shoom & tomato sauce.

that was dinner- i'm packing on a few b-4 i see my PCP.

other than that, i sipped on a few beverages through my afternoon, on~

Embryodad

Good Golly Miss Molly!
Tina's chicken soup! Looks more like a witches brew to me!
She loves em. NOOooooo!! I ate NO Soup this time!
Must be a Hungarian Thing!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I had chicken on the George with steameed broccoli and hollandaise last night.

Jimmy, that must have been one big chicken to have a foot that size. It reminds me of this Halloween candy bowl that I used to have. There was a hand that looked just like the foot in the second picture, except it was green, and it would come down when someone stuck their hand in the bowl to grab a piece of candy. It talked too. :WitchBrewsSmiley:

Embryodad

I had chicken on the George with steameed broccoli and hollandaise last night.

Jimmy, that must have been one big chicken to have a foot that size. It reminds me of this Halloween candy bowl that I used to have. There was a hand that looked just like the foot in the second picture, except it was green, and it would come down when someone stuck their hand in the bowl to grab a piece of candy. It talked too. :WitchBrewsSmiley:
OH BOY!THAT MUST HAVE BEEN SCARY!

Embryodad

It will be take out pizza tonight....

Had a hot dog from Hot Dog Johnny's ..... Tina picked me up a couple in Buttsville, NJ on the way home from PA.
Got 3 dozen Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Too!! That will be my Treat tonight.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I had pan fried flounder with a shrimp sauce last night. Mmmm Mmmm good!

Saliha

What a relief that we haven´t similar halloween tradition like you others... even that chicken leg looks too scary to me. Chicken soups we make but without legs.

:huh:

Sweet buns today. Yummy with cold milk.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
yipes, jimmy!

dinner a few ago- tonite, i think i'll make pasta w/ marinara & a salad & brie & 'lil toasts as my appy-

Attachments

• 6woah.jpg
    6woah.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 115
  • cheezygremlinz.jpg
    cheezygremlinz.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 125
  • cookiez~.jpg
    cookiez~.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 127
  • cuteasbleep.jpg
    cuteasbleep.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 124
  • fraidofcupcakes.jpg
    fraidofcupcakes.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

Embryodad

yipes, jimmy!

dinner a few ago- tonite, i think i'll make pasta w/ marinara & a salad & brie & 'lil toasts as my appy-
Holy Gongoli's.... What a spread and the cookies....ummmm!!!

DD usually bakes cookies and cupcakes for halloween, but she was too busy with farm stuff. I'm sure she will make up for it for the Turkey Day ...

Embryodad

Got a "Jambota" cooking in a big fry pan on the stove. cut peppers onions sausage slices/ hot dog slices / tomato chunks....all whatever I had and grabbed from the ice box.

Tina made a chicken soup ( footless this time ) ..LOL
Thank god....no scrapers trying to claw me !!!!!

I won't eat soup till the grease gets skimmed after it cools.

Dessert leftover krispy kreme doughnuts.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thanx, jimmy-- half of those in my area brought food, & my beloved bartender made most other of those other items. 6 pizzas were brought in, & there were many other items, too. & specialty beverages- i took to 'bitchesbrew'. there was a mulled cider, also. they put alcohol in that; was so dagnabbin yummy. '& that was very great on a nite when it's getting chiily & blustery, ucky & nearing snow.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Homemade 5-cheese Tortellini made with basil-infused whole wheat pasta. A nice salad of Spring greens and garlic toast (not shown).

IMG_2837.jpg

IMG_2834.jpg

IMG_2835.jpg

Embryodad

Homemade 5-cheese Tortellini made with basil-infused whole wheat pasta. A nice salad of Spring greens and garlic toast (not shown).

IMG_2837.jpg

IMG_2834.jpg

IMG_2835.jpg
Holy s Joe...... they look so darn good!

Had you ever thought of starting a business making them for friends and friends of friends? .... $$$ with a price on them of course!!
As long as you set a price and call it a Donation....you would need no permit!

Joe, the Mrs. Said, you should move next door to us! hahahahahahahaha

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Holy s Joe...... they look so darn good!

Had you ever thought of starting a business making them for friends and friends of friends? .... $$$ with a price on them of course!!
As long as you set a price and call it a Donation....you would need no permit!

Joe, the Mrs. Said, you should move next door to us! hahahahahahahaha

Thanks, Jimmy. No business pursuits here with food. I have one business that requires me to be on schedule for my customers. I cook & bake because it's relaxing, and I can do it when I WANT to do it, not because I HAVE to do it. As far as moving next door, I could say the same of the stuff Tina makes for you and the kids. Makes my mouth water.

Embryodad

Thanks, Jimmy. No business pursuits here with food. I have one business that requires me to be on schedule for my customers. I cook & bake because it's relaxing, and I can do it when I WANT to do it, not because I HAVE to do it. As far as moving next door, I could say the same of the stuff Tina makes for you and the kids. Makes my mouth water.
I know Joe!.... Like my son says,"Dad, you and mommy should really open up a bar and make like home made stuff like moms pierogi and your meatballs, and pizza!".....
I said, and who is gonna help?"

He said," well, Sher and I could tend the bar!"

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I know Joe!.... Like my son says,"Dad, you and mommy should really open up a bar and make like home made stuff like moms pierogi and your meatballs, and pizza!".....
I said, and who is gonna help?"

He said," well, Sher and I could tend the bar!"
How generous of them. LMAO! Why is it everyone wants SOMEONE ELSE to do all the work so they can benefit? Sounds like politicians.:yuk:

Any-whoooo, I seared an English roast this morning and put it in the crock pot all day on a bed of carrots, celery & onions. Wrapped it with taters and deglazed the pan with red wine and beef broth (makes the best gravy if you reduce the wine down to intensify the flavor). Poured that on the roast and let it cook all day. Damn! This was one delicious dinner. Nothing fancy, but loaded with flavor. Plenty left for sandwiches tomorrow and dinner again.

IMG_2838.jpg

IMG_2840.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm allergic to somethin'; gotta eliminate item-by-item. i so cannot wait to get inpatient, now. they may get me to a 100 lbs. before i say 'bye'.

finally chose to make pasta. or pierogies.

Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Today ( thursday ) Tina has a big pot of chicken soup cooking on the stove; and special for her, and her alone, there are chicken feet in the soup.

I will NOT eat that soup! Uh! Uh!....No Way!!

:WitchBrewsSmiley:
Growing up I didn't know there was anything weird about having chicken feet in the soup. The leghorns feet also gave some color to the soup, and we'd fight over the feet to gnaw on. Mmmmm...

Embryodad

Growing up I didn't know there was anything weird about having chicken feet in the soup. The leghorns feet also gave some color to the soup, and we'd fight over the feet to gnaw on. Mmmmm...
The feet were free at the Chicken Mans Store! So were the necks and backs!

Tina will also make creamed feet out of them.

Then there is the Gizzards that she makes soup with. Tina will buy a whole container of Gizzards, and make soup.

Embryodad

Well.... I had a burger on light toasted white bread, and with swiss, tomato, diced small green onion, and lettuce. Huge Dollops of mayo and black pepper.
Had a Garlic Half Sour pickle on the side. It was heavenly!
Dear sweet Tinamommy was next door at a something like a Stanley Home products party!..... She spent 169.00 :bonk: :ohmy: :glare:

I know what's for supper tomorrow!! Ummmm!
Tina and DIL Sherrie are gonna make pierogi's tomorrow! I want lots of fried caramelized onions on mine, and large wads of sour cream!!....

I just set up the marble slab that she works the dough on! PITA....

chilefarmer

I grew up eating chicken feet in soup and fried also. Back then we ate just about anything that didn't eat us first. No money, but we always had plenty to eat. CF