1 tbsp. prepared horseradish
2 tsp. Sriracha
1½ tsp. light brown sugar
1 tsp. cracked black pepper
½ tsp. celery salt
8 oz. vodka
8 pickled green beans
4 lemon wedges
1. In a large pitcher, mix first seven ingredients. Vigorously stir, then refrigerate for at least an hour, up to several days.
2. When ready to serve, fill four glasses with ice. Pour 2 oz. vodka into each glass, then top with spicy tomato mixture. Finish each glass with a lemon wedge and two pickled green beans.

Johnny West

There was one in Iowa City I had and liked called a Bloody Bull. It was a Bloody Mary with added beef bullion and was quite tasty.

On our trip back from Utah we stopped in Pendleton, OR to overnight. After a google search we found a distillery that had pub food as well. Being the Pacific NW no one can eat indoors so we got carry out. The horseradish vodka looked interesting, they have takeaway cocktails so got the horseradish Bloody Mary and wasn't disappointed. Their burgers were half pounders and one of the best burgers I've had out. I got the bacon blue cheese burger and it didn't need ketchup. There must have been three russets worth of french fries, as well. I know the burger looks plain but it was excellent.
#########Horseradish Vodka.jpeg
#########Burger Pendleton.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That all looks delicious to me, John! :clap:

I drank Bloody Bulls in Bermuda years ago and adored them! I asked what they made them with and they told me beef consomme.

I think I'll make one of those sometime this winter. Maybe two!

Lee

beef consomme.jpeg

Johnny West

I got this from a blog I follow.

What we’re drinking …​

We needed a classic Canadian cocktail for our Friday Cocktail Hour, one with PEI connections. So I opted for the Bloody Caesar, Canada’s national drink, using Strait Lightning Moonshine, Canada’s first legal moonshine. The distiller, Myriad View Artisan Distillery, calls it “PEI’s traditional spirit.” They make a high proof version, called Strait Shine (50% abv), and a super high proof, a whoppinng 75% abv or 150 proof.

The Bloody Caesar, of course, is Canada’s version of the Bloody Mary, apparently created in 1969, swapping in Clamato juice for tomato juice. And I’m going to go all out and use the gasoline strength moonshine.

This stuff is made from molasses, but has a neutral flavor—taste it and you’ll swear it’s vodka, that most popular of our flavorless spirits.

For the Bloody Mix:

• 2 cups Clamato juice
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • pinch of celery salt (optional as we don’t have any on hand)
  • hot sauce to taste (optional, though I like a healthy teaspoon of Tabasco)
Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly (a Ball jar works nicely).

This will make enough for 4 Bloody Caesars.

For the Bloody Caesar:

• 4 ounces Bloody Mix
  • 2 ounces moonshine
  • 1 lemon wedge
  • 1 lime wedge
Combine the Bloody Mix and moonshine in a highball glass. Add ice. Squeeze in the lemon and lime.