What are we eating 10/25/10?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I don't know yet.

Does anyone have a plan? Can you invite me?

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Our dinner plans for yesterday changed when we had a last minute dinner invite. So, we'll have for dinner tonight what I was planning to have last night - brats.

abi_csi

I will be eating a South Indian Thali, which will consist of rice, salad, sambar, fish curry, pickles and an aloo paratha. Can't wait!!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
sorta-seafood nite!
....... i've escargot that i would luv 2 make

vyapti

I'll be making hot dogs with nacho sauce & onion relish. Maybe some squash.

3938808095_f960c7c94a.jpg

K

Kimchee

Update, turns out wife didn't like the idea of a beer/mustard sauce.
So...
Jamaican style slow cooked beef stew and a salad.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Dinner may be ................. FP IV: chicken, starch and veggie!! LOL But that can change. Hub is going to a meeting and they serve pizza so he won't be hungry. The girls and I will eat late. Hub starts a mini vacation tomorrow so I may just do soup, salad, cheese and crackers (HEY this actually sounds good!!) or order something tonight and FP IV tomorrow.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Incredible Dee, that looks fantastic! I must try it.

And Vyapti, that is a fine looking dog!! What brand is it, I think I may have to try them!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh Dee, that is a beautiful dinner (please excuse me for attributing the brats recipe to mhend instead of you!)

As it turns out, my husband does not have an adventurous palate...like Kimchee's wife, who didn't like the sound of a beer-mustard sauce (he does not care for mustard - can you believe THAT?), he opted out of the brat recipe. Sooo, I made this instead - kind of a sausage stew/cassoulet without the duck or goose. We haven't actually eaten it yet - it is simmering on the stove, waiting for a friend who is joining us for dinner. But I have tasted it, and it tastes pretty good.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 98

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
That looks wonderful Karen! Your guests are truly lucky. Maybe I'll be one of them one day! :clap:

It's looking like a Pasta entry in the Cook's Challenge for us tonight.

mhend

Oh Dee, that is a beautiful dinner (please excuse me for attributing the brats recipe to mhend instead of you!)

As it turns out, my husband does not have an adventurous palate...like Kimchee's wife, who didn't like the sound of a beer-mustard sauce (he does not care for mustard - can you believe THAT?), he opted out of the brat recipe. Sooo, I made this instead - kind of a sausage stew/cassoulet without the duck or goose. We haven't actually eaten it yet - it is simmering on the stove, waiting for a friend who is joining us for dinner. But I have tasted it, and it tastes pretty good.

LOL! Thank Goodness! Karen, I have been racking my brain trying to remember posting a brat recipe. I thought I was losing it for sure!! :yum::yum:

It looks fantastic, btw! :)

Deelady

Thanks Keltin and Karen :)

And no problem Karen, and it looks like you have quite a delicious meal to look forward to!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Keltin said:
Maybe I'll be one of them one day!

No problem, Keltin - c'mon down! (And that goes for the rest of you, too.) Fly into the Puerto Vallarta airport (1/2 hour away) and we'll be there to pick you up. Supper will be simmering on the stove...

Leni

Brats with sauerkraut and caraway seed. Or with country ribs that are well browned. Aaaahhh! Taste memories from when Dad decided to cook and let Mom rest. I haven't made a sauerbrauten or roladin for a very long time. Time to get back to my roots.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Awww thats too bad Kimchee, I was looking forward to hearing your review! Let me know if you decide to try it for yourself some time!

Heres our dinner that I made from this site....http://userealbutter.com/2009/10/07/grilled-tomato-paste-flank-steak-recipe/

very tasty will def make again!!

THESE LOOK FANTASTIC! I have Dee's recipe I NEED yours Karen!! YUMMY

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
lilbopeep said:
I NEED yours Karen!! YUMMY

Thanks, Peeps. Since I just kinda made it up, I still have to write it down. It was pretty darned good, so I'd better do it quickly before I forget what I did!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
My younger girl has been testing me BIG TIME these last 2 days!!

I ordered chinese take-out.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks, Peeps. Since I just kinda made it up, I still have to write it down. It was pretty darned good, so I'd better do it quickly before I forget what I did!!
Ok I am sure you have noticed my detailed descriptions of my meals. Thats so I have a record of the meal. I have OneNote which allows me to highlight something and SEND it to OneNote. So after I post my dinner and picture I highlight the whole thing and hit the onenote icon which then sends it all including the pic and a linkback. So I have a diary with pic to reconstruct from. I just throw things together like you and have forgotten many a good meal.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
lilbopeep said:
So I have a diary with pic to reconstruct from.

How clever of you! I'm thinking I probably lack the self-discipline to do that...but you have inspired me. I'm going to write down my recipe right now.