What are we eating 10/11/10?

mhend

And what is the crust on the Mac, that is looking so good!!

Are those......

.....canned peas????

:yum:

Ummm......yep. LMAO!

The crust is just bread crumbs seasoned with salt, pepper, parmesean cheese and I drizzled it with HOMEADE BUTTER!!! :lol:

Guts

What else is in that soup Guts besides the chicken and noodles? That is besides the usual salt and pepper?

And no I don't know how to eamil pictures. Something else that I need to learn. There is no boredom in my retirement.

Leni no salt or pepper added...

I wish some else would try this. I have been making this for years and found it to Very good! It's the "Lipton Cup - soup" "cream of Chicken" flavor... This is strange but it works. Please do try it.
I call it my Easy Chicken Soup, and could be made as a drinkable soup too without chicken. The "Lipton Cup - soup" "cream of Chicken" flavor Adds a rich flavor to the broth, and this is what I am talking about, can't be beat.

Here it is;

3 cans Swanson Chicken broth / low sodium or regular type. I mix these dry envelopes in a blender so as not to get any lumps. Then add to the pot.

1 box of the "Lipton Cup - soup" "cream of Chicken" flavor 4 envelopes to a box use all of them. Add Chicken, Bring to boil remove from head and let stand for 5 minutes.

Pre-cooked Chicken.. I used two breast cleaned with no dark meat for what I wanted, but it could be dark or what ever you have.

Added the precooked noodles. Done easy and a good way to use leftovers.

Here is what the Lipton box looks like;

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We just had a hell of a T-storm!!

Cubanel peppers, onion, tomatoes, fresh garlic, fresh basil, oregano, ground red pepper flakes, sea salt, ground peppercorns, thyme, anchovy paste, hot pepper paste, rosemary, burgundy wine, EVOO & grapeseed oil and 3 slices of bread.

pepper_onion_tomato_101110_1_P1060479.JPG

pepper_onion_tomato_101110_2_P1060478.JPG

Last edited:

Leni

My beef stew is turning into a vegetable beef something. Ah well, that's the fun of cooking.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Lovely, savory dinner, Peeps! A meatless meal where you don't even miss the meat. I'll bet the bread was wonderful, sopping up all those good juices. Sherm, your spaghetti looks so good, I'd like to dive right in. And mhend - your mac and cheese looks so wonderful, along with that beautifully grilled chicken. A+ to you all. Vera, did you ever post a picture of your stromboli? Can you share with us how you make it? I made some years ago and it was delicious, but I forgot how I made it.

We had leftover pork tenderloin, which I reheated in just a little bit of hot broth so I wouldn't cook it any further...broccoli/cauliflower au gratin and some mashed, baked sweet potatoes. That's the last of the homemade butter resting there on the sweets. Not a beautiful dinner - everything is too orange - but it tasted really good and we gobbled it up.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 74

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Karen. I forgot to add burgundy wine to the ingredients. LOL

Your dinner looks fantastic!! Orange is a wonderful color when it involves sweet taters and cheese!! LOL

mhend

Thanks guys! Your dinners look wonderful too. Peeps those peppers look fab and Karen, I'm seriously wanting sweet potatoes now!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks guys! Your dinners look wonderful too. Peeps those peppers look fab and Karen, I'm seriously wanting sweet potatoes now!
Thank you!! And pass the mac and cheese and don't skimp on the topping!!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
mhend said:
I'm seriously wanting sweet potatoes now!

You know, it's like I forgot all about sweet potatoes until I saw Peep's dinners a few weeks' back. I can buy lovely sweet potatoes here - they are very popular. There's a guy who goes up and down our street selling roasted sweet potatoes smothered in sweetened condensed milk. OH THEY ARE GOOD. I'm definitely going to make them more often...we both love them. And they are good FOR you.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
You know, it's like I forgot all about sweet potatoes until I saw Peep's dinners a few weeks' back. I can buy lovely sweet potatoes here - they are very popular. There's a guy who goes up and down our street selling roasted sweet potatoes smothered in sweetened condensed milk. OH THEY ARE GOOD. I'm definitely going to make them more often...we both love them. And they are good FOR you.
I am your muse!! LOL Send me samples!! TeeHee

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Just got this off the camera - had Fried Frog Legs and Homemade Fries

Attachments

• frog3.JPG
    frog3.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 57

Leni

Kelton, I think that it's a question of just sitting down and figuring it out. As my dad used to say, when all else fails read the directions.