Is anyone eating tonight?? Oct 1st....

suziquzie

Whats up??

Im making stuffed peppers...... and my friend came up this morning, spur of the moment.... we made PB cookies, apple crisp, and a potato rosemary foccacia....

Yes I have a carb problem but I'm ok with it. :twak:

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I don't know. It's our boy's sweet sixteen today. We usually go out on birthdays, but DW and DD are sicky sick right now, so we'll see what happens...

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Possibly baby back ribs with potatoe salad and baked beans, but probably tostados

Deelady

I'm making French Onion Soup topped with swiss and baggette, as well as grilled paninis with herbed turkey, sundried tomatoes, swiss cheese and not sure what other goodies I'll stuff in them....

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I slow cooked a chicken, we had it with fresh corn, rice, veg and gravy

Biskit

Papa Murphy's Take'n'Bake Pizza! DW worked, sent out a wedding cake that she'd done and is at her TOPS meeting. Then, she's got another cake to decorate tonight, so the kitchen will be busy. This is easier!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
:D

shorty crock ribs and mash
dindinthurs.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Lol--I'm not used to using photobucket. I'll have to learn how to re-size.

Here's part of dinner - mustard potatoe salad:
blog.jpg

joec

Gold Site Supporter
God Cooksie I love that recipe of yours. I make it and keep it till it runs out then make it again. I always have some on hand now for lunch, dinner or just a snack. I have however changed it up a bit and the last time I used roasted red peppers, olives, sautéed red onions, pimentos, capers, celery as well as hard boiled eggs. The sauce I used 50/50 spicy mustard and mayo (Miracle Whip in my case) as well as sherry vinegar. I also used salt, pepper, smoked paprika and original bacon salt. I've been messing with the different ingredients one or two at a time but this one was the best to date though they have all been excellent.

chowhound

Beautiful color on that steak.
I'll have that with Sass' mashed potatoes and what looks like onion gravy and Cooksie's potato salad. OK, now who's bringin' it...

Cooksie

Site Supporter
God Cooksie I love that recipe of yours. I make it and keep it till it runs out then make it again. I always have some on hand now for lunch, dinner or just a snack. I have however changed it up a bit and the last time I used roasted red peppers, olives, sautéed red onions, pimentos, capers, celery as well as hard boiled eggs. The sauce I used 50/50 spicy mustard and mayo (Miracle Whip in my case) as well as sherry vinegar. I also used salt, pepper, smoked paprika and original bacon salt. I've been messing with the different ingredients one or two at a time but this one was the best to date though they have all been excellent.

I'm going to have to branch out and try some new twists, maybe the spicy mustard and capers first.

HC - Beautiful steak!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Beautiful color on that steak.
I'll have that with Sass' mashed potatoes and what looks like onion gravy and Cooksie's potato salad. OK, now who's bringin' it...

I have plenty, and you have about an hour til chow time :driving:.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I'm going to have to branch out and try some new twists, maybe the spicy mustard and capers first.

HC - Beautiful steak!

I also recommend you get not only the green olives with the pimento but buy a jar of just the pimentos themselves and add a few as well. I use about a dozen or so of the capers (adds a bit of a salty taste to it) and the roasted red bell peppers are also good (jar version in olive oil is what I use). I put the olives, pimento, a piece or two of the roasted peppers and the capers in a food process and do a quick chop on them. I've tried several mustards so far (I have about 10 different kinds) but I add a splash of the sherry vinegar to it but have also tried balsamic and champagne. The sherry seems to go a bit better with the last mustard I used.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'll have that with Sass' mashed potatoes and what looks like onion gravy. OK, now who's bringin' it...

Not onion gravy technically, the saucy lovelies leftover in the crockpot.
I'd have brought it right to your door.:kiss:

Good food pics all.
Lifesaver, that pizza is a sin.
Now, I want pizza lol

Meme4251

O My Gosh...Cooksie, Cheese, Pizza Man :oops:(sorry, forgot your username_) can you please fed ex some left-overs here to EC, Tx.? Damn, sure looks good!:ohmy: