Barb's Wonton Soup...

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
This looks just beautiful and I think I'm just gonna try making it this Monday.

Barb's Wonton Soup
Ingredients for wontons:

3/4 lb. ground pork
1/4 lb. chopped shrimp
1 T. rice wine
1-1/2 c. cabbage mix
1/2 tsp. minced ginger
1 egg white

AND I EVEN PLAN TO PUT THE SHRIMP IN IT. :)
2 tsp. soy sauce
1/4 c. minced green onion
couple drops of sesame oil
1 pkg. wonton wrappers

Preparation:

Combine above ingredients and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Use about 1 tsp. filling for each wonton.

To make the wontons: Add filling to center of wonton wrapper. Wet all four sides of wrapper with water. Fold over to form a triangle. Seal well removing all air pockets. Wet the two bottom corners and bring together to form a nurse's cap.
Bring a pot of water to a boil and add wontons. Let simmer 5-8 minutes. Remove and set aside.

Ingredients for Soup

6 cups chicken stock
2 cups shrimp stock
sliced green onions
sesame oil
soy sauce
8-10 shrimp, optional
Preparation:

Bring chicken stock and shrimp stock to a boil. Turn down to a simmer. Add wontons, bok choy or Napa cabbage and green onions. Add shrimp. Let simmer about 5 minutes. Ladle into bowls and top with a couple drops of the sesame oil and soy sauce. Eat and enjoy!

Note: You can also just use all chicken broth for this. Next time I will add some re-hydrated porcini mushroom.
Attachment:
icon_reimg_zoom_in.gif
file.php

001.JPG [ 120.73 KiB | Viewed 32 times ]

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
LS, I have a huge Asian supermarket near me (next door to the place where I work) and they sell bags of frozen stuffed wontons at a good price.

I will use those, but I'm glad to have the recipe for the soup broth - I was wondering about that!

Thanks!

Post pictures of yours and I will, too! (no shrimp for me, though!)

Lee

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
You know... I never took it to thought... we also have an asian market in town... i've never been in there but i think now is my chance. :)

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
I forgot to mention that since i don't have any teeth i had to leave the green onions out because i am unable to chew them. lol