What's Cooking This First Week Of March?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Today, I'll have leftover skillet meatballs with some buttered white rice dressed up with scallions for dinner.

(brunch was V8 vegetable juice and an Amy's breakfast scramble wrap)

Johnny West

Tonight will be something with prawns, may just have shrimp cocktail. :wub:

I may have a beer bloody mary with my home made V-8 juice.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Today Thursday March 03:
I went to the restaurant we have here called Chik n House.
It used to be a KFC. After they closed down, the owner's of the Greek place next door opened it with almost the very same type menu and more.
I got a gizzard meal with macaroni salad and green beans.

chilefarmer

I am planing on shrimp tonight. Just haven't decided on how I want to cook it yet. Beef Brisket for the week end. On the pit with oak and hickory wood. Kids and all will be here Sunday for the meal. What sides will be served by the wife, haven't any idea. I just know they will be tasty. CF:)

Saliha

I have made mainly just sandwiches at home at this week. I started new job and there we have free lunch - and foods are yummy. I afraid I will gain the weight during this job.

:blush:

chilefarmer

Lee, I will be cooking a whole packer brisket. I have an excel choice grade.
I will cook at about 250-275° will take about 10 hours to reach an internal temp of 200°. I cook by temp not by time because all cuts are not the same. I have had some take 14 hours. CF

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thursday was rotisserie chicken over salad.
Friday was breaded chicken cutlet and a salad.

Last night was Pappardelle pasta with green olive sauce.

Tonight will either be takeout or pasta and veggie salad.

homecook

Brunch yesterday...

Dinner last night.......

Attachments

• 102_5214.jpg
    102_5214.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 146
  • 102_5230.JPG
    102_5230.JPG
    233 KB · Views: 145

Johnny West

Tonight was leftover lasagna and always seems better after it's left to rest a few days.

You know, I don't know if I've ever had rice-a-roni but do like the Far East products albeit a bit salty.

Embryodad

Tonight, I made franks and beans for myself. Haven't had them tasty dogs in years.
I just cut regular hot dogs into small 1 inch pieces, and cooked them in with canned beans.

For Tina, I made her 1/2 a minute steak sandwich on buttered toast. Some asparagus tips only, and a baked apple with brown sugar; butter, and spice.
She is home from her surgery, and I am her nurse, and cook. LOL.
She's doing a lot better today.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
For dinner tonight, I will have to call it, BBQ spaghetti.

I had intended to make spaghetti (fresh pasta) with sauce and a couple sausages. Topped with fresh shaved Parm (no sawdust in my food).

Wellllllllll, the spaghetti is on, guess what? No sausage. I did, however, have Brats. Sooo, I removed the meat from three brats, started frying, added 1/4 chopped onion, some herbs du province, a little basil, a bit of crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. Near the end of frying the meat, I added three large mushrooms sliced. Over that I poured a jar of La Victoria marinara. Great sauce, all natural ingredients, no sugar used. I simmered it a bit.

Shaved some parm and served. Not bad at all.

Embryodad

Sounds great to me....

That La Victoria makes some great products. I love their jarred hot peppers.
As for the cheese... hahaha... We grate it coarse on the hand grater.

I remember growing up, my Dad would grate the cheese on us kids spaghetti.
You know how many times my brother or I would drop the cheese hunk in our spaghetti? ... OMG. it was funny. That's why he did it.

Johnny West

I save the rind and throw it in the marinara.

My dad never made spaghetti. My mom used Lowery's Spaghetti Sauce packets for her sauce. It was all I ever knew till I was on my own and learned how to make a proper marinara. My dad asked me one time, "What's the matter, your mom's not good enough for you?" I didn't know how to respond. I know mine is restaurant quality. lol

Last edited:

Embryodad

I save the rind and throw it in the marinara.

My dad never made spaghetti. My mom used Lowery's Spaghetti Sauce packets for her sauce. It was all I ever knew till I was on my own and learned how to make a proper marinara. My dad asked me one time, "What's the matter, your mom's not good enough for you?" I didn't know how to respond. I know mine is restaurant quality. lol
Yeah JW....

I don't want to make this a spaghetti sauce thread, ( although maybe a good one if there already isn't one ), but I cube about 6 or so pieces of Romano cheese, and throw that in my sauce, and sometimes some thick chunks of pepperoni. That flavors the sauce.
We love it!

Embryodad

I was just reminiscing, is all.
Oh, I know. Just a great tip on the rind in the sauce. Very few cooks know that it adds some great flavor to the sauce.
The same with adding olives ( just a few ) for flavor.

It made me think of different people that all have that secret ingredient for sauce.
Hence the sauce thread / topic. I was just flipping through some of them.

The best one is the Andy Griffith episode, "Dinner at Eight", and the spaghetti secret recipe.... "Oregano".... Poor Andy was so sick after eating 4 meals, at different invites that night. All spaghetti

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
The best one is the Andy Griffith episode, "Dinner at Eight", and the spaghetti secret recipe.... "Oregano".... Poor Andy was so sick after eating 4 meals, at different invites that night. All spaghetti

haha.. that's a good one!

:readytoeat::readytoeat::readytoeat::readytoeat:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir6vWYqHxHk[/ame]

Johnny West

I was working graveyard shift at the Hebrew Home in Rockville and the CNA was a gal from Italy. I told her I made good spag sauce and she asked what I put in it. I mentioned oregano and she stopped me right there. She said, "That's not Italian, it's Sicilian! I'm from Northern Italy and we only use basil and parsley." That's what I've done ever since. :cooking: