What's for Dinner 10-30-10

mhend

I'm not sure yet either. I am trying to decide if I want to go to a Halloween party with the kids, or let DH take them and I stay home with a good book. Hmmmm.... :)

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
We are off to a potluck - our contribution is a pumpkin walnut cheesecake. I've heard that there will be chili and jalapeno cornbread, probably lots of other tasty items.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 87

mhend

Karen, that is just gorgeous!!! Have a great time at the potluck!! :)

I opted out of the Halloween party and am catching up on some reading...I'll be cooking myself some chicken cakes for dinner. Wish I had a piece of that cheesecake for dessert! :)

vyapti

I'm making waffles. The freezer needs stocking. I really want to make some breakfast gravy to go with, but that just seems wrong.

lilylove

Last night in Mexico so were going out.... I've got a craving for shrimp fajitas. I had grilled sword fish last night, might have that again. T'was yummy delish. They served it with grilled tomatoes, onions and capers. It made a wonderful sauce and it was served over some homemade sourdough bread. The juices soaked into the bread and gave it a wonderful flavor. The fish had been caught that morning.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
mhend said:
Wish I had a piece of that cheesecake for dessert! :)

We had a great time at the potluck - thanks, mhend. Chili dogs! Broccoli salad, fresh strawberries, great bread. I brought two pieces of cheesecake home with us. I'll save one for you - c'mon down.

mhend

We had a great time at the potluck - thanks, mhend. Chili dogs! Broccoli salad, fresh strawberries, great bread. I brought two pieces of cheesecake home with us. I'll save one for you - c'mon down.

One of these days Karen! I would love it...paradise, good food and friends...sounds wonderful! :)

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Joe, that pig doesn't look very happy to be there, though...I really hate it when they seem to be looking at you! But what a great setup. It looks delicious. And I love those calico beans - I've been making them for many years and everyone enjoys them. Corn chowder looks delicious as well.