What's for dinner 10-28-10

Leni

Tonight I'm barbecuing a beautiful tri-tip. I'll serve it with baked beans and a salad.

Guts

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 116
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 123
K

Kimchee

I'm leaning toward baked salmon, asparagus and kicked up Wild Rice.

FooD

It's very warm in L.A. today so dinner will be cooked and served outdoors again.
New York steaks, 2 kinds of focaccias, and some roasted vegis will be served at George's patio. Game 2 at 5pm.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
No idea. You guys are so lucky being able to find tri-tips so often. If I'm lucky, I can find one every other month! :doh:

Guess I'll swing by Publix tongiht and stroll by the meat counters and see if something jumps out at me.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Had friends round so made lasagna, garlic bread & veggies, followed by greengage crumble & apple crumble and homemade ice cream.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Nice pasta, Guts - I have some of that Chili-Garlic sauce in my frig. It's wonderful stuff. We are going to a farewell party for my friend Lisa, whose husband passed away in July. She's heading back to the US, and may return to us someday. I hope so. This affair is at a really nice restaurant, and menu consists of:

[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Fresh garden salad w/ asst breads[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Roasted heart of filet mignon[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Mushroom medallion creamed shrimps[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Roasted tomatoes[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Rice pilaf[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Choc molten cake for dessert[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Margaritas, sangria and beer gratis with dinner[/FONT][/FONT]

SilverSage

Resident Crone
No idea. You guys are so lucky being able to find tri-tips so often. If I'm lucky, I can find one every other month! :doh:

Guess I'll swing by Publix tongiht and stroll by the meat counters and see if something jumps out at me.

Keltin, Publix will usually order things in for you with just a day or two notice. I don't know if you have Harris Teeter there, but that's another store that brings in what you need if you ask. Since tri-tip is on their list, you should be able to get one whenever you want. Just ask the butcher.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Triggerfish fillets from yesterdays Gulf trip with a side of pasta and sauce. And a couple of beers. DW hurt her back and I'm obviously cooking for myself. lol

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I took the info from Leni and Chowderman, and made Pork Schnitzel and Red Cabbage.

Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Keltin, Publix will usually order things in for you with just a day or two notice. I don't know if you have Harris Teeter there, but that's another store that brings in what you need if you ask. Since tri-tip is on their list, you should be able to get one whenever you want. Just ask the butcher.

It never occurred to me to ASK for it!! :lol:

I'll do just that and see what happens! Thank you! :kiss:

vyapti

I was going to make linguine with sun dried tomato cashew cream sauce, but I got home late. So we had mac & cheeze.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
How'd you like the red cabbage SS? It's even better the next day.

I loved it! I used the cider vinegar and diced the apples, as you suggested. i used ground clove instead of whole, because we didn't want to take a chance of biting into one.

I made pork schnitzel. It was also very good, but I would have preferred it with some kind of sauce.

Tonight I'm going to try the potato pancakes with the rest of the cabbage.

Leni

After two hours of cooking it is not a problem. Glad that you enjoyed it. It is a traditional side dish for Thanksgiving turkey.

Serve the pancakes with sour cream and apple sauce.