let's dine~ dinner 10/27/10

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm making that seafood i forewent making yesterday; i'm thawing several items. lobster tail/swordfish/etcetera; got a can-o-crabmeat although i'm a gonna halve that 2 make into crabcakes or stuffed shrooms, or both, as that's a lb. of meat; there's clams/mussels, too.~

& your dinner 'tis.......

Last edited:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I just changed my plans - I'm not going to cook. I'm going to luvs' house for all that wonderful seafood!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Wish I could join you two!!! Sound yummy - and you know that Aubrey will prepare it perfectly! I just put a chunk of nicely browned beef in the crockpot with beef broth and seasonings for French dip sandwiches.

Leni

I'm not sure. Got several possibilities. Large mozzarella cheese stuffed Italian meatballs, marinara sauce and spaghetti with Italian sausage, or ?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
There has been so much crap going on here in last few days!! I have been running a low grade fever (100.2 - 100.8) for 2 days and feeling tired and achy, my younger girl is putting me through the passes also!! And to top everything off she managed to get a virus on her PC!! Something called Thinkpoint!! So I made a quick chicken soup that we had for dinner yesterday and I finished for lunch today. I did get a pic but haven't got it off the camera yet. I plan on going out to eat tonight so I don't have to cook or think about having to reload the whole dang Operating system on that facaca computer!! It's reload the OS or pay Mcafee $90.00 to do a remote virus removal. Life is fun sometimes!! LOL Everyone enjoy your evening and stay safe!!

Glad all is well with you Mhend!!

Leni

Talked to DH. He voted for the stuffed meatballs. Sides will be asparagus and either rice or potatoes. I also have garlic cheese bread sticks.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
We had venison burgers, oven baked potato wedges & brussel sprouts.

Leni

So sorry to hear that you're under the weather Peeps. Kids can be a royal pain sometimes. Hate to say it but it doesn't stop when they move out on their own. Hope you feel better soon.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
So sorry to hear that you're under the weather Peeps. Kids can be a royal pain sometimes. Hate to say it but it doesn't stop when they move out on their own. Hope you feel better soon.
Thank you Leni!! We went out for pizza, salad and sliced steak. We all shared the pizza, my girl and I shared the sliced steak. Was good. I still have a fever BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I remember the days of cooking at home....but for tonight, we've spent the last few hours at an outdoor music concert, and are now headed to Wit's Inn for a creole pizza and a pesto and pasta ceasar salad.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Quick and simple tonight. Baked potatoes with sour cream, butter, cheese and broccoli...at least the broccoli was steamed :lol: Dessert was leftover fried apples on top of biscuits

Attachments

• baked-potato-broccoli-cheese.jpg
    baked-potato-broccoli-cheese.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 71
  • fried-apples-biscuits.jpg
    fried-apples-biscuits.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 80

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
guys, great dinners!
~karen & silversage, i'd prep dinner 4 or w/ yins as my kitchen is open 2 those that luv food!
& thankx!

buckytom

Grill Master
how did you end up making the fish/seafood, luvs?

dw made boursin burgers, steak fries, and baked beans tonight, which i packed up for tonight's "lunch" since i have to work at our studio over on 58th and 5th ave until 1pm.

da boigah:
img0793j.jpg

i went to clean out the fridge this afternoon, and to my surprise i found the pork chops and chicken breasts that should have gone bad by now were still ok. no bad smell; no smell at all for the most part.

so i grabbed a can of san marzano tomatoes, crushed them into a pot, added a dozen or so of the last hot cherry peppers from my garden, added a browned onion and head of garlic cloves, a diced bulb of fennel, dried oregano, parsley, and fennel seeds, and a can of tomato paste.

the chicken and pork chops were seasoned and browned in evoo, and tossed into the pot as well. it all simmered for about 3 hours until the chicken was shredding and pork chops falling apart.

man, it was spicy, but it was good. my mom used to put leftover meats from family packs into tomato sauce when i was a kid, hence the inspiration. props to mom.

it's so hot, though, i doubt anyone else will eat it. :mrgreen:

Last edited: